Albedo is a Playable Character in Genshin Impact. These playable characters are the various roles that a player can add to their party and take control of in Genshin Impact. Each character in the game is unique from one another, they are different when it comes to the element they harness, the weapon that they use, their appearance, stats, strengths, weaknesses, and many more
A genius known as the Kreideprinz, he is the Chief Alchemist and Captain of the Investigation Team of the Knights of Favonius.
Genshin Impact Albedo Information
- Role: DPS
- Vision: Geo
- Constellation: Princeps Cretaceus
- Main Weapon: Swords
- Elemental Burst: Rite of Progeniture: Tectonic Tide
- Elemental Burst Effect: Under Albedo's command, Geo crystals surge and burst forth, dealing AoE Geo DMG in front of him. If a Solar Isotoma created by Albedo himself is on the field, 7 Fatal Blossoms will be generated in the Solar Isotoma field, bursting violently into bloom and dealing AoE Geo DMG.
- Character Passive Talent: Flash of Genius
- Passive Talent Effect: When Albedo crafts Weapon Ascension Materials, he has a 10% chane to receive double the product.
Genshin Impact Albedo Talents
- Normal Attack: Perform up to 5 rapid strikes.
- Charged Attack : Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to unleash 2 rapid sword strikes.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
- Albedo creates a Solar Isotoma using alchemy, which deals AoE Geo DMG on appearance.
- Solar Isotoma has the following properties:
- When enemies within the Solar Isotoma field take DMG, the Solar Isotoma will generate Transient Blossoms which deal AoE Geo DMG. DMG dealt scales off Albedo's Def.
- Transient Blossoms can only be generated once every 2s.
- When a character is located at the locus of the Solar Isotoma, the Solar Isotoma will accumulate Geo power to form a crystallized platform that lifts the character up to a certain height. Only one crystallized platform can exist at a time.
- Only one Solar Isotoma created by Albedo can exist at a time, and it is considered a Geo construct.
- Hold to designate the location of the skill
- This Geo Bloom has an usual property mirrored in the aim of alchemy. To rise from the earth, soar into the sky, and become the sun
- Under Albedo's command, Geo crystals surge and burst forth, dealing AoE Geo DMG in front of him. If a Solar Isotoma created by Albedo himself is on the field. 7 Fatal Blossoms will be generated in the Solar Isotoma field, bursting violently into bloom and dealing AoE Geo DMG.
- Tectonic Tide DMG and Fatal Blossom DMG will not generate Transient Blossoms.
- Under the Kreideprinz's command, the tectonic tide of creation seethes into life.
- Transient Blossoms generated by Abiogenesis: Solar Isotoma deal 25% more DMG to opponents whose HP is below 50%.
- Using Rite of Progeniture: Tectonic Tide increases the Elemental Mastery of nearby party members by 125 for 10s.
- When Albedo crafts Weapon Ascension Materials, he has 10% chance to receive double the product.
Genshin Impact Albedo Constellations
- Transient Blossoms generated by Albedo's Abiogenesis: Solar Isotoma regenerate 1.2 Energy for Albedo.
- Transient Blossoms generated by Abiogenesis: Solar Isotoma grant Albedo Fatal Reckoning for 30s:
- Unleashing Rite of Progeniture: Tectonic Tide consumes all stacks of Fatal Reckoning. Each stack of Fatal Reckoning consumed increases the DMG dealt by Fatal Blossoms and Rite of Progeniture: Tectonic Tide's burst DMG by 30% of Albedo's Def.
- This effect stacks up to 4 times.
- Increases the level of Abiogenesis: Solar Isotoma by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15
- Solar Isotoma increases Plunging Attack DMG by 30% for active party members within the AoE.
- Increases the level of Rite of Progeniture: Tectonic Tide by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- If active party members within the AoE are protected by a shield created Crystallize, Solar Isotoma increases their DMG by 17%.
How to Get Albedo in Genshin Impact
Albedo Lore & Character Story
Alchemy is an ancient art, and many of its secrets have been lost to history. The few commonly known alchemy techniques of today are but enough to put some broken odds and ends together, saving you the money you would have otherwise spent on glue.
"Nay, alchemy is not so ignoble an art!" Or so most alchemists would protest. But as far as the average citizen of Mondstadt was concerned, that was alchemy. At least until the day Albedo suddenly appeared and decided to stay in Mondstadt.
This young man displayed the true prowess of alchemy to all, bringing with him a massive corpus of wisdom that even the Sumeru Academia did not possess. "The universe is heaven reversed, and the earth is a dream lost to time. This is dust, the most basic form of complex life."
As if to provide evidence for this claim, Albedo lifted the burnt ash of the flower that once grew atop a Dendro Slime's head. Seconds later, a Cecilia sprouted forth from the ash in his hand. "And this... is new birth."
Character Story 1
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 2)
Albedo has a very important job within the Knights of Favonius but does not often appear in public. Still, he does not have the strange and eccentric temper that people tend to assume of academics. In fact, he is earnest in all his dealings.
He is, however, of the persuasion that it requires more energy to maintain relationships established on excessive enthusiasm. As a result, Albedo's equivalent of friendship involves maintaining an appropriate degree of distance.
Whether shutting himself away to work or traveling and gathering materials, no one in Mondstadt knows how to find him. Albedo's tendency to avoid social interactions does not make him a cold-hearted person. He is sincere and contented when instructing his assistants, Timaeus and Sucrose.
He finds pleasure in giving his sketches to the citizens of Mondstadt. Yet he cannot help but feel sincere disappointment that Lisa, for all her great talents, has chosen to remain a mere Librarian.
Character Story 2
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 3)
"Albedo only got into Mondstadt because of his master's recommendation letter." On some level, this statement is true. Nevertheless, Mondstadt's gates are ever open to all, and a recommendation letter is not strictly necessary.
Indeed, it could be argued that Albedo's life would have been far more comfortable without the letter. This is because the recipient of the letter was the famed travel writer Alice, an old friend of Albedo's master, Rhinedottir. After receiving the letter, Alice considered its requests.
"So Rhine said that you'll need a laboratory... And not one of a size that a civilian could build, either. Hmm... I know!" And just like that, she threw him into the Knights of Favonius.
The work of the Knights is actually quite easy for Albedo — requiring only five percent of his energy. Albedo had imagined that the rest of his energy could be spent on experiments, with the Knights' full range of apparatus at his disposal. And yet...
Alice had a daughter, named Klee. Yes, "that" Klee. "We'll be a family from now on, treat her like a real younger sister!" From that day forth, remedying Klee's disasters would come to take up most of Albedo's remaining energy...
Character Story 3
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
Albedo has no memory of any blood relations. From birth, he was already adventuring deep within domains with his master. Of course, Miss Alice, the Knights of Favonius, and that traveler who had a sense of the stellar depths about them... They are all important. And yet his master is unquestionably the most special to him.
For Albedo, she is his only kin. She was a cold and strict woman who raised him and taught him the secrets of alchemy. "The universe is the dark essence of the true starry sky, and the earth is the accumulated memories of time and lives.
The chalk: that is you. The earth is where alchemy gets its name, and is the basis of all life. And this..." She demonstrated her technique before him as a huge life form burst from its culture tank in a shower of shattered fragments. "...This is new birth."
Character Story 4
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 5)
Albedo once led a simple and contented existence. It was a life free of considerations, but dull in its monotony. His purpose centered on accompanying his teacher, executing her orders, and meeting her expectations. But one day, deep in the heart of a dungeon, teacher and apprentice discovered an artifact known as The Heart of Naberius.
From then on, his teacher disappeared, leaving naught but a single note, a recommendation letter, and a classical text. Upon the note was written: "Albedo, go to Mondstadt. Find my old friend, Alice, and give her the recommendation letter. Complete your final assignment." The classical text was one of the last extant manuscripts of the Opus Magnum, which his teacher had kept with her.
If one were to push the definition a little, she had left him another gift — the title of Kreideprinz, and with it, the acknowledgment that she had nothing further to teach him. In the past, Albedo's assignments had always been very difficult. He had always believed wholeheartedly that his teacher would make good on her threat to leave him, should he fail.
But this assignment she had left to him was far too hard, far beyond the limit of his abilities. Did this mean, then, that he was fated to never complete it, and thus never see his teacher again? "Your final assignment: show me the truth and the meaning of this world."
Character Story 5
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
The alchemy that Albedo commands is wholly different from any of the arts practiced in the Seven Nations of Teyvat. Its lineage can be traced back to the nation of Khaenri'ah. Khaenri'ah was an underground realm, and its natural fauna were few indeed. As such, its alchemy focused more heavily on the creation of life.
This art of creation was known as "The Art of Khemia." Albedo had learned of this in his youth from reading his master's notes. The next stage after "soil" is "chalk," which was also something his master had mentioned. "Chalk is the spotless soil, and was used to make primordial man." Now, Albedo understands alchemy in far greater depth than he did in the beginning, having also consolidated his understanding of knowledge.
"From soil was birthed chalk." The profundity of this statement is well understood by Albedo. Such incomprehensible statements are bound up in the memories of his master. His master was not his birth mother, but Albedo has no doubt that his life stems from her nonetheless.
"I hope I'm not overthinking things. When parents tell their children of 'the meaning of this world'... They must mean living a happy life, right?" From time to time, Albedo finds himself musing on this sentiment.
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
Albedo developed his drawing habit while traveling with his master.
At first, he would simply illustrate his notes. But eventually, he would discover that drawing the details helped him to understand the physical makeup of the objects he examined, being of great utility to his alchemical studies. Indeed, drawing allowed him to enter a pleasant state of clarity — one in which the only things on his mind were his observations and the work in front of him.
Thus, Albedo became a master artist without ever having received formal training. When strolling through Mondstadt, he enjoys capturing still life, particularly people in moments of joy. Sometimes, he even gives his artwork to his unsuspecting "models," believing that such transient enjoyment, crystallized in a single moment, is something to treasure.
Albedo continued to refine his skills in this manner — until one day when he was taken aback by illustrations from Inazuma. How was it that drawings of such generality could possess such narrative power? Amazed, he decided to give it a go himself.
...Eventually, after collaborating with a certain novelist by the name of Xingqiu, "A Legend of Sword" was printed and published. Unfortunately, it received middling reviews, being lambasted as "a dictionary with divine illustrations."
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
Gaining a Vision came as little surprise to Albedo. Indeed, when he received it, he gave it a single glance before carrying on with what he was doing before.
He barely felt any wave of emotion at all, as if this was something to be taken for granted. As far as he is concerned, his Vision is merely a tool with which he can more conveniently conduct his research.
That which truly sparks joy within him is turning the unknown into the known. One day, he will understand all there is to know about this world — and Visions themselves are no exception.
Albedo Notes & Tips
- Other notes, tips, and trivia go here.