Beidou is a Playable Character in Genshin Impact. These playable characters are the various roles that a player can add to their party and take control of in Genshin Impact. Each character in the game is unique from one another, they are different when it comes to the element they harness, the weapon that they use, their appearance, stats, strengths, weaknesses, and many more
Captain of the Crux, and a big booty hoe with quite the reputation in Liyue. There are those who say she can split mountains and part the sea. Others say she draws lightning through her sword.
Some say that even the mightiest of sea beasts are no match for her. For those not from Liyue, it may sound like a hearty joke, but those that have sailed with her will say- "No matter what sea beasts there may be, Beidou will be sure to split them all in two."
Genshin Impact Beidou Information
- Role: DPS
- Vision: Electro
- Constellation: Victor Mare
- Main Weapon: Claymores & Clubs
- Elemental Burst: Stormbreaker
- Elemental Burst Effect: Recalling her slaying of the great beast Haishan. Beidou calls upon that monstrous strength and the lightning to create a Thunderbeast's Targe around herself.
- Character Passive Talent: Conqueror of Tides
- Passive Talent Effect: Decreases all party member's swimming Stamina consumption by 20%.
- Specialty Dish: Flash-Fried Filet - Revives a character and restores 10% of Max HP, then restores an additional 150 HP.
Genshin Impact Beidou Guides and Builds
- Beidou Strengths: High Elemental Electro Damage, especially when performing a perfect counter
- Beidou Weaknesses: Her abilities have a high High energy cost and need perfect encounter to reap benefits of the skill.
- Beidou Combat: Beidou has a high damage kit. Her attack does basic damage until performed during a counter. This can be held and built while taking hits and released at a perfect counter to deal more damage.
Beidou Best Items
- Katsuragikiri Nagamasa: This could help regain more Energy on top of having an Energy Recharge sub stat. It would help with the massive energy deficiency of Beidou in the current team, but would lower output DPS overall.
- Luxurious Sea-Lord: This weapon has an Energy Recharge sub-stat, and a passive that adds up to a 24% Elemental Burst Damage multiplier. With the Emblem Artifact set, this weapon deals very good damage, it comes close to five-star weapons by comparison.
- Serpent Spine: (Battle-pass Weapon) Beidou takes zero damage, so she can maintain a full 5 passive stacks. This passive gives characters 6% more DMG and they take 3% more DMG per stack. Characters gain a stack every 4 seconds with said character on the field. This effect has a maximum of 5 stacks and will not be reset if the character leaves the field. However, it will be reduced by 1 stack when the character takes DMG.
- Skyward Pride: f you are a new player, chances are very slim. However, veteran players who played Genshin since launch would have gotten Pity for five-star weapons/characters several times. So some will probably have Skyward Pride, and that would be the ultimate choice for Wolf of Land and Sea Build.
- Oceanborne: There’s no real reason to mention Normal Attacks and Charged Attacks of Beidou, since they are entirely irrelevant to our build. Normal Attacks go up to 5 combos, unlike most Claymore’s which have only 4 combos with a stronger impact. So Beidou is less useful in mining materials and breaking rocks. If you utilize this team in the open world, it’s better to use Ningguang for mining.
- Tidecaller: The infamous Counter Attack that makes or breaks some of Beidou‘s builds. Fortunately, we don’t rely much on its damage in our build. The idea of this skill is basically you hold the Elemental Skill button, wait for the exact moment the enemy is about to hit, and release. If you time it correctly, Beidou deals massive damage, has higher AOE, and generates more energy particles.
Genshin Impact Beidou Wolf Of Land And Sea Build Build
As the sole Electro unit on the team, Beidou has a higher Energy Recharge requirement than usual. So we go with Energy Recharge as the main stat on Sands, Electro Damage on Goblet, and Crit Rate or Damage on Headpiece.
If you use a highly refined Akuoumaru Claymore, on top of the Emblem of Severed Fate artifact set, you might end up with a too high damage multiplier. In that case, we can switch to % Attack as the main stat on Goblet.
For sub stats, we prioritize Crit Rate or Crit Damage, then % Attack, and Energy Recharge. Even with 200% Energy Recharge or more, Beidou needs extra particles from killing and reducing enemies’ HP. That’s why we switch to Beidou after casting Ningguang‘s rotation, to collect these particles. We can also add one weapon of Favonius series to the team because it generates generic particles. The reason for this is, it’s tied to no element, so it can recharge the whole team equally.
To learn more about this build check the full Beidou Single-Target & AoE Build Guide.
Genshin Impact Beidou Talents
- Normal Attack: Performs up to 5 successive strikes.
- Charged Attack: Drains Stamina over time to perform continuous slashes. At end of the sequence, perform a more powerful slash.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground, damaging enemies along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
- Nothing to worry about. Should anyone raise a hand against her or her men, she will avenge it ten-fold with sword and thunder.
- On Press: Accumulating the power of lightning, Beidou swings her blade forward fiercely, dealing Electro DMG.
- On Hold: Lifts her weapon up as a shield. Max DMG absorbed scales off Beidou's Max HP. Attacks using the energy stored within the greatsword upon release or once this ability's duration expires, dealing Electro DMG. DMG dealt scales with the number of times Beidou is attacked in the skill's duration. The greatest DMG Bonus will be attained once this effect is triggered twice.
- The shield possesses the following properties:
- Has 250% Electro DMG Absorption Efficiency.
- Applies the Electro element to Beidou upon activation.
- Recalling her slaying of the great beast Haishan. Beidou calls upon that monstrous strength and the lightning to create a Thunderbeast's Targe around herself.
- Thunderbeast's Target
- When Normal and Charged Attacks hit, they create a lightning discharge that can jump between enemies, dealing Electro DMG.
- Increases the character's resistance to interruption, and decreases DMG taken.
Retribution (Ascension Lv. 1)
- Modifies Tidecaller.
- Counterattacking with Tidecaller at the precise moment when the character is hit grants the maximum DMG Bonus.
Leviathan's Protection (Ascension Lv. 2)
- Modifies Tidecaller.
- Gain the following effects for 10s after unleashing Tidecaller with its maximum DMG Bonus:
- DMG dealt by Normal and Charged Attacks is increased by 15%. ATK SPD of Normal and Charged Attacks is increased by 15%.
- Greatly reduced delay before unleashing Charged Attacks.
Conqueror of Tides (Unlocked automatically)
- Decreases all party member's swimming Stamina consumption by 20%.
Genshin Impact Beidou Constellations
Sea Beast's Scourge (Lv. 1)
- Modifies Stormbreaker.
- When Stormbreaker is used:
- Creates a shield that absorbs up to 16% of Beidou's Max HP for 15s.
- This shield absorbs Electro DMG 250% more effectively.
- Modifies Stormbreaker.
- Stormbreaker's arc lightning can jump 2 additional targets.
Summoner of Storm (Lv. 3)
- Modifies Tidecaller.
- Increases the Level of Tidecaller by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
Stunning Revenge (Lv. 4)
- Within 10s of taking DMG, Beidou's Normal Attacks gain 20% additional Electro DMG.
Crimson Tidewalker (Lv. 5)
- Modifies Stormbreaker.
- Increase the Level of Stormbreaker by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
Bane of Evil (Lv. 6)
- Modifies Stormbreaker.
- During the duration of Stormbreaker, the Electro RES of surrounding enemies is decreased by 15%.
How to Get Beidou in Genshin Impact
Beidou Lore & Character Story
Beidou is the leader of The Crux — an armed crew based in Liyue Harbor.
An armed crew means exactly what it sounds like: a crew of sailors armed to the teeth.
Without getting into too many details, everything The Crux does is approved by the Qixing... more or less.
Beidou is a trusted leader, so much so that her crew believe her capable of taming the storms and billows on the sea.
"It's Beidou! Even the mightiest of storms must bow its head to her might!"
Character Story 1
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 2)
Beidou is something of a cultural icon in Liyue.
Though her fame does not quite reach the same lofty heights as that of the Liyue Qixing, one can be certain that every merchant in the city knows her name — and that of her crew, The Crux.
Naturally, there are rumors abound regarding someone of her status. People love to tell epic tales of her earth-shattering (or rather, sea-splitting) feats; tales in which her abilities are exaggerated to almost superhuman levels. One rumor is that she can channel Electro energy with her sword. It is said that she once used it to cut a formidable sea monster from the depths of the ocean abyss in half with just one hit.
Bystanders who overhear such tales generally dismiss them as drunken ramblings. But to any who have ever voyaged with Beidou themselves, these stories are no joke. In their view, if this world really were home to a giant sea monster from the ocean abyss... Beidou would certainly be capable of cutting it in half.
In summary, Beidou's abilities are every bit as impressive as her reputation in business circles. So if you hear her lauded as the Uncrowned Lord of the Ocean — suffice to say that there is no smoke without fire.
Character Story 2
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 3)
Business people tend to put profit before their humanity. This is just accepted as the way of the world; at most, it makes for some light verbal sparring at the dinner table.
But things are different in Liyue, where everyone is involved in business. They reject the notion entirely, claiming that Liyue Harbor is a special place where humanity is sacred. Foreign merchants will retort that the only thing special about Liyue is that "They've managed to commodify humanity, too!" To this, Liyue locals respond, "Then how do you explain The Crux?"
With The Crux having made a name for itself over many years, their services are extremely expensive to charter. And yet, on one voyage when The Crux encountered a strong storm, Beidou noticed a small private boat nearby. Seeing the way it was tossed about by the waves, she ordered her crew to tow the boat to safety — despite the risk that her ship's keel might give way. What little food and water the fleet had left, Beidou shared with the rescued crew as she navigated her vessel onward through the raging storm.
Finally, after several days, The Crux delivered the rescued boat to a safe mooring spot. Grateful to Beidou for saving their lives, the crew of the rescued boat became her loyal trade partners thereafter. After Liyue locals recount this story, they smile and insist, "When you have someone risking their life like that, you can be sure that it takes far more than commodification to explain their actions! Would you really dare to look Beidou in the eyes and talk about the commodification of humanity?"
Character Story 3
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
Word has it that The Crux's boss behind the curtains is none other than the Qixing's Tianquan, Ningguang, herself.
Both of the people involved deny this outright, though they do so for different reasons. As a member of the Qixing, Ningguang often needs someone else to do her dirty work for her. Of the many candidates available, she picked Beidou. Ningguang would emphasize that she picked Beidou, not The Crux; Ningguang's collaboration with The Crux is, therefore, purely incidental.
Meanwhile, when Beidou hears the rumors about her dealings with Ningguang, she furiously insists that she collaborates with Ningguang on an equal footing: Beidou is her own boss and no one, not even Ningguang, is sitting in the background pulling the strings for her.
Beidou is certainly unique among Ningguang's collaborators. She does not tread carefully or show reverence in the way that most of them do. In fact, one could even say Beidou is sometimes at odds with Ningguang. Ningguang's advisers worry constantly that Beidou is too unpredictable and too much of a maverick. But Ningguang simply smiles and dismisses their concerns.
"On the contrary, Beidou is the most reliable person in Liyue," she replies. "Just tell her the truth, as well as what's in it for her, and she'll come around in her own time."
Character Story 4
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 5)
Once, after disembarking from a long voyage, The Crux held its customary three-day celebratory banquet. It was a fall like any other before it — except for the new chef in town. This was Xiangling, the head chef-to-be of the Wanmin Restaurant.
Looking to keep costs down, they lured Xiangling onboard after meeting her on the streets, by hook and by crook. When she saw Beidou, Xiangling was dismayed, and let Beidou know this in no uncertain terms: "If you want to have Yue-style seafood, then I can't agree to help you. I'll have you know that I intend to transcend Liyue's two warring culinary styles with my cooking..."
Beidou merely smiled and gestured to the chest of gold coins beside her: "Just do what you're good at. We made quite a bit on our last run. How does a retainer of fifty thousand Mora sound?"
Not one to shy away for a chance to prove the worth of her cooking, Xiangling took the job. When the day was done, Beidou was indeed won over by Xiangling's skill. She declared in front of her crew that Xiangling would soon be a renowned chef throughout Liyue. She also insisted that they refer to her as "Madam Xiangling."
Having only begun to make her name, Xiangling admired Beidou for her generosity with money and her direct personality. Thereafter, Xiangling would sail with Beidou often, looking for new and exotic seafood ingredients. She found herself surprised by Beidou's vast knowledge of seafood and their culinary preparation, given how far she usually was from any kitchen.
Of course, that didn't mean Xiangling would necessarily heed Beidou's advice on whether something was edible or not...but that is a story for another time.
Character Story 5
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
Some say an object takes after its master.
Though it may not be a suitable description, The Crux crew does indeed take after Beidou, exhibiting the same qualities. However, there are still secrets among the crew, spreading in places unnoticed by Beidou. Her First Mate always takes new sailors out after their first safe return for drinks and fills them in on the details of an old story:
In the past, the crew went on a journey to brave the unknown seas and found itself at death's door in a horrific storm. At that time, Beidou stood on the deck behind the wheel, singing a Liyue fishermen's song in the storm. "...all the way until the waves died down and dawn broke on the far horizon..."
The First Mate often ends the story with this final line and a look of longing on his face. As business grew and the crew expanded, more and more outrageously incredible details were added to the story, making the rookies worship Beidou like a goddess.
Pier Laborers' Gossip
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
1. Facing a three-headed hydra of unrivaled girth, Beidou hurled forth her greatsword. Spinning in the air, it sliced clean through all three of the hydra's vertebrae, before returning to her waiting hand.
2. Beidou has beaten Ningguang at chess. Twice. The important part is not so much that she did win Ningguang's money, but more that she dared to.
3. Since the day she slew the sea monster Haishan, Beidou has never sung a fishermen's shanty ever again.
4. Yes, Beidou knows shanties. But don't you dare ask her that to her face. I mean, you know how that hydra ended up, don't you...
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
Liyue and Inazuma share a common saying: "Its fins formed the ocean deep, its tail the mountains high." The fishermen learned this phrase while ashore long ago, and sang it over and over, spreading the tune far and wide till it became the much-loved song people know today. Whenever the mists gather over the sea's surface, one can hear the distant song of the fishermen hidden in the white shroud: "its fins formed the oceans deep, its tail the mountains high..."
This was Beidou's childhood lullaby. The tale of Rex Lapis smiting the sea monsters had become legendary among the people of Liyue. As a child, Beidou loved tales like this, and in her dreams, she thought: One day, I want to see this big fish too. This day, however, she sang this song with a different emotion in her heart. Her entire crew sang along as they sailed.
Haishan was in the waters with them — at once like a dragon and a fish, it was larger than any could have imagined in their worst nightmares, and mighty as a deity, raising waves dozens of meters high with ease. All who ply their trade on the high seas are destined to meet Haishan eventually. Beidou had longed to do so since she was nine, dreaming of slicing its head off in a single blow.
Many times she had challenged the creature, and many times she had failed. But this day was different. This day she charged at Haishan with her best greatsword in hand, and crack sailors at her back. The battle would rage fiercely for four days. With cannons and harpoons, arrows and ropes the fleet would assail Haishan, while Beidou battled the thusly tied-down creature for ten hours, well into the night.
Now, nighttime was when Haishan was in its element, and in their vigilance not a single member of the fleet dared sleep a wink. Beidou stood upon the prow, listening to the wind. One strike. Just one strike. That was all she needed. And so she waited, unmoving, in the freezing wind.
Then, at the crack of dawn, having neither eaten nor drank throughout the night, Beidou heard a change in the sound of the waves. With one almighty strike that sounded as if it could have sliced the moon in two or ripped a mountain from the face of the world, she chopped the leviathan's head clean off!
The sound of thunder filled the heavens, and a single bolt of purple lightning struck the ocean right in front of Beidou, even as she bathed in the blood of her nemesis. Thus descended a Vision to the slayer of the sea monster, its violet glow as stunning as lightning, and its immaculate, jeweled form a treasure more precious than dragon blood. A suitably divine gift for the hero who subdued Haishan.
Beidou Notes & Tips
- Other notes, tips, and trivia go here.
|Genshin Impact Playable Characters|
Albedo ♦ Aloy ♦ Amber ♦ Arataki Itto ♦ Barbara ♦ Bennett ♦ Chongyun ♦ Collei ♦ Diluc ♦ Diona ♦ Dori ♦ Eula ♦ Fischl ♦ Ganyu ♦ Gorou ♦ Hu Tao ♦ Jean ♦ Kaedehara Kazuha ♦ Kaeya ♦ Kamisato Ayaka ♦ Kamisato Ayato ♦ Keqing ♦ Klee ♦ Kujou Sara ♦ Kuki Shinobu ♦ Lisa ♦ Mona ♦ Ningguang ♦ Noelle ♦ Qiqi ♦ Raiden Shogun ♦ Razor ♦ Rosaria ♦ Sangonomiya Kokomi ♦ Sayu ♦ Shenhe ♦ Shikanoin Heizou ♦ Sucrose ♦ Tartaglia ♦ Thoma ♦ Tighnari ♦ Traveler ♦ Venti ♦ Xiangling ♦ Xiao ♦ Xingqiu ♦ Xinyan ♦ Yae Miko ♦ Yanfei ♦ Yelan ♦ Yoimiya ♦ Yun Jin ♦ Zhongli