Ganyu is a Playable Character in Genshin Impact. These playable characters are the various roles that a player can add to their party and take control of in Genshin Impact. Each character in the game is unique from one another, they are different when it comes to the element they harness, the weapon that they use, their appearance, stats, strengths, weaknesses, and many more
The secretary to the Liyue Qixing. The blood of both human and illuminated beast flows within her veins. Graceful and quiet by nature, yet the gentle disposition of qilin sees not even the slightest conflict with even the most arduos of workloads.
After all, Ganyu firmly believes that all the work she does is in honor of her contract with Rex Lapis, seeking the well-being of all living thing within Liyue.
Genshin Impact Ganyu Information
- Role: Sniper
- Vision: Cryo
- Constellation: Sinae Unicornis
- Main Weapon: Bows
- Elemental Burst: Celestial Shower
- Elemental Burst Effect: Coalesces atmospheric frost and snow to summon a Sacred Cryo Pearl that exorcises evil.
- Character Passive Talent: Preserved for the Hunt
- Passive Talent Effect: Refunds 15% of the ore used when crafting Bow-Type weapons
Genshin Impact Ganyu Guides and Builds
- Ganyu Strength: High base CRIT DMG. Ganyu has large AoE damaging Charge shot, beneficial when facing multiple opponents. Even if missing the first hit, the second shot will still have a chance to deal damage.
- Ganyu Weaknesses: Low HP
- Ganyu Combat: Ganyu usually relies on AoE damage from her Bow after a charge shot. Damage stacks in the area, which will increases the damage dealt to all opponents within the AoE range.
Ganyu Best Items
- Windblume Ode: The weapon has a maximum of 510 base attack, 165 EM, and 32% Attack for 6 seconds after using an Elemental Skill. Ganyu at zero Constellations can use Elemental Skill once every 10 seconds, so she can’t maintain 100% uptime.
- Prototype Crescent: The only Caveat it has is the necessity to successfully perform a headshot every 10 seconds to maintain its passive. It goes against the purpose of the build of not relying on Charged Attacks, especially with weak spots being harder to hit. So if you are a mobile or controller user who was hesitant to build Ganyu for that reason, Prototype Crescent is not the weapon for you.
- The Stringless: the strongest four-star weapon for Elemental Burst builds. It gives 510 base attack, 165 EM and up to 48% Elemental Burst damage multiplier at max refinement. The passive bonus doesn’t benefit Charged Attack at all, so you will not see The Stringless in most weapon tier lists for Ganyu. But Ganyu is very powerful even in Elemental Burst build, and if mobs is gathered tightly, Elemental Burst with The Stringless is undisputedly stronger.
- The Viridescent Hunt: The passive on this weapon is very useful from Ganyu, especially on Elemental Burst Melt build. When you hit enemies with normal or charged attacks, there’s a chance to create a vortex that pulls and gathers enemies. This gathering can double, triple, or quadruple the damage, depending on how many enemies are gathered. It also helps with the small downtime of Sucrose’s Burst.
- Lavawalker: For a team with two Pyro characters, and a guaranteed reverse Melt comp setup, Lavawalker becomes a very solid choice. It either grants 35% all damage multiplier against enemies affected by Pyro, or gives nothing against enemies with no Pyro aura. This is an issue in domains and Abyss floors that add energy drain or cooldown increase debuff on you. Your main source of Pyro is Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst of Pyro units. However, in a standard setup that doesn’t mess with Elemental Burst availability, Lavawalker is just a perfect choice to go with.
Genshin Impact Ganyu Bowless Archer Build
This build relies mainly on Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst of Ganyu doing all the heavy lifting. While using Charged Attack can increase DPS, it’s still very hard to execute amidst all aggressive enemies. In order to Reverse Melt with Ganyu you will need Xiangling‘s Burst to constantly hit enemies, and that requires you to stay closer to them and without a shield, you are pretty much vulnerable to interrupts. By focusing on Elemental Bursts, you free up time for necessary dodges and gives a chance for supports to do a full rotation faster. The new Artifact Set, Emblem of Severed Fate is used to support characters such as Xiangling. She’s the main source of Pyro application with her burst, but with this build, she also does very nice damage.
Then we use Sucrose with C1 and Sacrificial Fragments, to cast Elemental Skill three times to gather up enemies. Sucrose also gathers enemies with her Elemental Burst, can also infuse and apply Pyro for a consistent Pyro Aura. This way, Ganyu can proc Reverse Melt all her hits. The gathering is a very important aspect of this build, even though Sucrose is not as good as Venti. It all comes down to the nature of Ganyu‘s Burst, which drops ice droplets on enemy overhead. These droplets will appear over each enemy and cause AOE damage. Therefore, if enemies are gathered in close proximity they get hit by more than one instance of damage. That can double, triple or quadruple the damage, depending on how many enemies are in proximity of each other. But with Sucrose, it’s likely harder to get more than double.
The last party slot goes to Bennett who doubles as a healer and buffer. He not only gives Pyro resonance but also allows all of Xiangling‘s, Sucrose‘s, and Ganyu‘s Bursts to snapshot his attack buff. What snapshotting means is that skill takes stats of a character in the moment of casting, and applies it to the entire duration of the skill. This allows Bennett to buff the damage of all party members, even after his own burst runs out.
To learn more about this build, check the full Ganyu Bowless Archer Build Guide here.
Genshin Impact Ganyu Talents
- Normal Attack: Perform up to 6 consecutive shots with a bow.
- Charged Attack: Perform a more precise Aimed Shot with increased DMG. While aiming, an icy aura will accumulate on the arrowhead before the arrow is fired. Has different effects based on how long the energy has been charged:
- Charge Level 1: Fires off an icy arrow that deals Cryo DMG
- Charge Level 2: Fires off a Frostflake Arrow that deals Cryo DMG. The Frostflake Arrow blooms after hitting its target , dealing AoE Cryo DMG.
- Plunging Attack: Fires off a shower of arrows in mid-air before falling and striking the ground, dealing AoE DMG upon impact
- Leaving a single Ice Lotus behind, Ganyu dashes backward, shunning all impurity and dealing AoE Cryo DMG. a
- Continuously taunts surrounding opponents, attracting them to attack it.
- Endurance scales based on Ganyu's Max HP
- Blooms profusely when destroyed or once its duration ends, dealing AoE Cryo DMG
- "You saw me, you say? You must be mistaken. I was working overtime then"
- Coalesces atmospheric frost and snow to summon a Sacred Cryo Pearl that exorcises evil. During its ability duration, the Sacred Cryo Pearl will continuously rain down shards of ice, striking opponents within an AoE and dealing Cryo DMG.
- Ganyu can bring down sweet rains as a matter of course. But against demons and heretics, they become bitter, freezing snow.
- After firing a Frostflake Arrow, the CRIT Rate of subsequent Frostflake Arrows and their resulting bloom effects is increased by 20% for 5s.
- Celestial Shower grants a 20% Cryo DMG Bonus to active party members in the AoE
- Refunds 15% of the ore used when crafting Bow-type weapons.
Genshin Impact Ganyu Constellations
Dew Drinker (Lvl. 1)
- Taking DMG from a Charge Level 2 Frostflake Arrow or Frostflake Arrow Bloom decreases opponents' Cryo RES by 15% for 6s.
- A hit regenerates 2 Energy for Ganyu. This effect can only occur once per Charge Level 2 Frostflake Arrow, regardless if Frostflake Arrow itself or its Bloom hit the target.
The Auspicious (Lvl. 2)
- Trail of the Qilin gains 1 additional charge.
Cloud-Strider (Lvl. 3)
- Increases the Level of Celestial Shower by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Westward Sojourn (Lvl. 4)
- Opponents standing within the AoE of Celestial Shower take increased DMG. This effect strengthens over time.
- Increased DMG taken begins at 5% and increases by 5% every 3s, up to a maximum of 25%.
- The effect lingers for 3s after the opponent leaves the AoE.
The Merciful (Lvl. 5)
- Increases the Level of Trail of the Qilin by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
The Clement (Lvl. 6)
- Using Trail of the Qilin causes the next Frostflake Arrow shot within 30s to not require charging.
How to Get Ganyu in Genshin Impact
Ganyu Lore & Character Story
Though many in Liyue are fascinated by life in Yujing Terrace, its day-to-day operations and rules are a mystery to them.
They are aware that the Liyue Qixing are the cream of the crop who hold the fate of the city in their hands, but the calculations and data behind the Qixing's every decision are far harder to grasp.
The people understand that the new policies announced each year will change the dynamics of the market, yet none can comprehend how policy is plucked from complex meeting minutes and compiled into something easier on the human eye.
As the secretary of Yuehai Pavilion, Ganyu undertakes many tasks that ordinary folk do not see. For those that have witnessed her standing by the dock at daybreak, enjoying her breakfast in silence, it is difficult to imagine her in such a post.
Even still, by the time the sun has fully risen, she will have returned to Yuehai Pavilion overlooking Yujing Terrace, to continue to fulfill her contract. A contract that she signed three thousand years ago with Rex Lapis.
Character Story 1
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 2)
Ganyu is not the secretary of any one leader in the Liyue Qixing but is instead the general secretary for the entire organization. Under her gentle exterior, Ganyu is as persevering as stone itself. This was something that Rex Lapis, the leader of the adepti, noticed very early on.
Thus when the Liyue Qixing first emerged ages ago, Ganyu was their secretary. Through the years and the changes in the Qixing's roster, Ganyu has remained by their side as a constant. This has also meant that the mountainous piles of paperwork from the various departments and bureaus in Liyue have fallen upon Ganyu's shoulders.
But though her workload has increased seven, a hundred, or even a thousandfold, her sense of responsibility has never wavered. Someone once queried as to the source of her motivation and received an answer that was not quite congruous with the question. "What I've done... is nothing compared to what Rex Lapis has accomplished."
Character Story 2
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 3)
"I work for the well-being of all living things in Liyue."
Under almost all circumstances, Ganyu is a very trustworthy secretary.
It is hard to imagine anyone outperforming her in the face of such an enormous workload, especially given her unique and penetrating insights into all of Liyue's matters.
Nevertheless, her reliability can only be guaranteed under "almost all circumstances." The more important the matter, the more Ganyu strives for perfection, and the more nervous she becomes. Under pressure, her nervousness does result in the occasional error.
One such incident occurred during the Rite of Descension, without doubt the most important annual event in Liyue's calendar. Ganyu was three minutes late for the Rite and had to squeeze through the crowd in full view of all.
Later on, with a face as red as a tomato, she stammered her way through an unconvincing explanation, all the while apologizing profusely to Rex Lapis in her heart. Her colleagues guessed that there must be some reason for the mistake.
Those who did not know her well saw that Rex Lapis did not mind, and thus paid the incident no attention. Those closer to her worried in private, and asked if she needed a workload adjustment or a short vacation, but Ganyu refused.
"I spent two hours making sure that I wasn't wearing anything too similar to last year's Rite..." Needless to say, Ganyu was not about to admit to this being the real reason for her tardiness!
Character Story 3
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
How long is a thousand years? Long enough for the Glaze Lilies that once teemed throughout Dihua Marsh to be wiped out by floodwaters, and long enough for the thriving settlement that sprung up upon Guili Plains to come to ruin in war.
How short is a thousand years? To Ganyu, it has felt shorter than the blink of an eye.
Throughout a passage of time unimaginable to mortals, Ganyu has been working on all manner of things at Yujing Terrace. She recorded the raising and demolishing of every building, and witnessed the rise to prosperity of every industry.
Ganyu's sense of objectivity towards the passage of time comes from the endless reams of data she must trawl through, and from the ever-increasing number of colors she finds that she needs to categorize it all. All this time, her mindset has never changed — she constantly wavers between her human and adeptus halves.
On one hand, Ganyu the qilin finds it difficult to comprehend mortal squabbles. But on the other hand, her human blood reminds her always to hold out hope that she might someday be able to fit in.
Character Story 4
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 5)
Outside the confines of her work, Ganyu very quickly shows how different she is from most other people.
She has a habit of taking afternoon naps and has a shockingly accurate internal clock. When lunch hour arrives, no matter where she is, she will simply curl up into a ball and fall asleep on the spot. Even the raucous dancing of hilichurls will fail to wake her.
These habits were at first just a running joke within the Liyue Qixing.
But once, after accompanying the then-Tianxuan to lunch outside the city, a well-fed Ganyu simply crawled into the nearest roadside haystack. She ended up being transported all the way to Dihua Marsh, awakening only after bumping her head during the unloading.
Unable to find Ganyu anywhere over the subsequent three hours, and knowing that she would not depart unannounced, the Tianxuan almost filed a missing person report. After receiving a stern admonishment to "only take afternoon naps where it's safe," Ganyu retorted:
"Well... isn't everywhere in Liyue safe?"
Perhaps, with the mixture of human and illuminated beast blood flowing through her veins, Ganyu's understanding of the world's affairs is a little different to that of most humans.
Character Story 5
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
Ganyu's qilin heritage is little-known in Liyue Harbor.
Whenever she is asked by someone walking along Feiyun Slope as to the obvious protrusions in her hair, she says that they are ornamental heirlooms.
"If I told them the truth, they would distance themselves from me..." Despite never having been on particularly close terms with Liyue's citizens in the first place, Ganyu would still not consider distancing to be a good thing.
Her more important reason for hiding the truth is to prevent curious onlookers from touching her qilin horns. After all, a qilin's horns are a sensitive part of their body, both physically and mentally speaking.
Another secret that Ganyu is anxious to keep hidden is the fact that she is watching her physique. The qilin are strict vegetarians, but Liyue is a veritable powerhouse of gastronomical delights, one in which even vegetarians struggle to control their appetites.
Ganyu, who has grown accustomed to city life, is thus very vigilant in matters concerning her weight and physique. Whenever she finds herself being drawn towards some delicious dish, she will attempt to reassert her self-control. For Ganyu, the difficulty of such a challenge is second only to finding a Flaming Flower atop Dragonspine.
But she is not one to give up half-way through the ascent. During the Archon War, she once choked a giant monster to death with ease after getting lodged in its throat when it tried to eat her, said monster having fatally underestimated quite how wide her waistline was.
For Ganyu, avoiding any similarly embarrassing episodes in the future is an absolute must.
The Flora of Yujing Terrace
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
Handwritten notes detail the morphological features and behaviors of the plants in Yujing Terrace, with each beautiful stroke penned by Ganyu's own hand.
The notes are succinct, comprehensive, and well-categorized, and even offer some insights that one would be hard-pressed to find elsewhere on the market.
These include pointers on caring for Glaze Lilies and methods for grafting Silk Flowers. In readability and scientific accessibility, they come close to the standard of official publications.
Or rather, this is the experience if one starts reading from the front. Skip to near the end, however, and one may well be left dumbfounded.
The final few pages are a shocking rash of black ink and frantically scribbled-out text. Reading patiently and painstakingly between the lines, one might just discover that these notes were, at one time, various methods for vegetable cultivation.
"But if I learn to grow vegetables, I'll be even less able to control my appetite." Her hands balling into fists, it was with much difficulty that Ganyu erased the results of her research.
Later, whilst watering the plants on an empty stomach, Ganyu found herself plunging her head into a thicket of Silk Flowers, fantasizing that they were Sweet Flowers in an effort to comfort herself.
Many more fantasy Sweet Flowers followed shortly afterward during her afternoon nap...
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
Qilin are paragons of benevolence among the adepti, drinking only freshwater and eating only plants. Flies they will not hurt, and a bruised reed they will not break. They do not travel in groups, and no trap will hold them. They are leisurely yet composed, active but reserved — a gentle and elegant race.
Yet when a wicked beast from the sea arose and threatened the land beneath their feet, they did not stand idle or choose peace when there was none. Three thousand years ago, Ganyu answered the call of Morax the God of Geo, aiding him in the Archon Wars. And when the war was over, she chose to stay in Liyue and help the humans build a new polity there.
The first Liyue Qixing would need support, and she took this task up as a matter of course, becoming their secretary. The moment she made that decision, a Vision appeared at her hip, granting her power to resonate with the world to a degree beyond her natural abilities.
Whether she would grow strong enough to no longer need it, or whether she would use it as a last resort in Liyue's defense... Regardless, she chose to serve as the bridge between adepti and humans. Her Vision, then, was proof and witness of her new duty.
Ganyu Notes & Tips
- Other notes, tips, and trivia go here.
|Genshin Impact Playable Characters|
Albedo ♦ Aloy ♦ Amber ♦ Barbara ♦ Beidou ♦ Bennett ♦ Chongyun ♦ Diluc ♦ Diona ♦ Eula ♦ Fischl ♦ Hu Tao ♦ Jean ♦ Kaedehara Kazuha ♦ Kaeya ♦ Kamisato Ayaka ♦ Keqing ♦ Klee ♦ Kujou Sara ♦ Lisa ♦ Mona ♦ Ningguang ♦ Noelle ♦ Qiqi ♦ Raiden Shogun ♦ Razor ♦ Rosaria ♦ Sangonomiya Kokomi ♦ Sayu ♦ Sucrose ♦ Tartaglia ♦ Thoma ♦ Traveler ♦ Venti ♦ Xiangling ♦ Xiao ♦ Xingqiu ♦ Xinyan ♦ Yanfei ♦ Yoimiya ♦ Zhongli