Jean is a Playable Character in Genshin Impact. These playable characters are the various roles that a player can add to their party and take control of in Genshin Impact. Each character in the game is unique from one another, they are different when it comes to the element they harness, the weapon that they use, their appearance, stats, strengths, weaknesses, and many more
As the acting Grand Master of the Knights, Jean has always been devoted to her duties and maintaining peace in Mondstadt. She had taken precautions long before the onset of Stormterror's assault, and she will guard Mondstadt with her life as always.
Genshin Impact Jean Information
- Role: Support
- Vision: Anemo
- Constellation: Leo Minor
- Main Weapon: Swords
- Elemental Burst: Dandelion Breeze
- Elemental Burst Effect: Calling upon the wind's protection, Jean creates a swirling Dandelion Field, launching surrounding enemies and causing Anemo DMG. At the same time, she instantly regenerates a large amount of HP for nearby allied units and all party members. HP restored scales off Jean's ATK.
- Character Passive Talent: Guiding Breeze
- Passive Talent Effect: When a Perfect Cooking is achieved on a dish with restorative effects, there is a 12% chance to obtain double the product.
- Specialty Dish: Invigorating Pizza - Restores 34% of Max HP to the selected character and regenerates 980 HP every 5s for 30s.
Genshin Impact Jean Outfits
Outfits for Genshin Impact are an equipment category of the game that are usually featured in special events or purchased via the Character Outfit Shop. These change the appearance of a Playable Character that can be previewed and worn in the Dressing Room. Outfits are purely cosmetic, and add no real stats or strength to any character that has them equipped, meaning they are not helpful in progressing the game.
- Gunnhildr's Legacy: Jean's outfit. This classic knight's ceremonial outfit is suited to all manner of occasions. (Alternate Outfit)
- Sea Breeze Dandelion: Jean's summer wear. Light and cool, but no less elegant for it. The perfect choice for a trip to the seaside.
Genshin Impact Jean Guides and Builds
- Jean Strength: Wind-fused thrust deals high Physical DMG and launches enemies up, giving the team time to follow up the next attack, which can be even more controlled with Gale Blade.
- Jean Weaknesses: Low base damage and long cooldown rates.
- Jean Combat: Jean acts a a great support and can clear bundles of opponents for the team. Her Elemental burst can instantly restore her health while benefiting her allies, making her the healer as well. Her healing abilities scale with her ATK power as well. With every hit and attack she has a chance to heal party members if choosing to unlock "Wind Companion" Her collection of talents have the power to change the direction and command the battle during combat.
Jean Best Items
- Aquila Favonia: ATK is increased by 20/25/30/35/40%. Triggers on taking DMG: the soul of the Falcon of the West awakens, holding the banner of the resistance aloft, regenerating HP equal to 100/115/130/145/160% of ATK and dealing 200/230/260/290/320% of ATK as DMG to surrounding enemies. This effect can only occur once every 15s.
- Sacrificial Sword: After damaging an opponent with an Elemental Skill, the skill has a 40% chance to end its own CD. Can only occur once every 30s.
- Gladiator's Finale: If the wielder of this artifact set uses a Sword, Claymore or Polearm, increases their Normal Attack DMG by 35%.
- Viridescent Venerer: Anemo DMG Bonus +15%, Increases Swirl DMG by 60%. Decreases opponent's Elemental RES to the element infused in the Swirl by 40% for 10s.
Genshin Impact Jean Talents
- Normal Attack: Performs up to 5 consecutive strikes.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging enemies along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to launch an enemy using the power of the wind. Launched enemies will slowly fall to the ground.
- Focusing the might of the formless wind around her blade, Jean releases a miniature storm, launching enemies in the direction she aims at, dealing massive Anemo DMG.
- Hold/Charge: At the cost of continued Stamina consumption, Jean can command the whirlwind to pull surrounding enemies towards her front. The direction of this skill can be adjusted - the character is immobile during the duration of the skill.
- Calling upon the wind's protection, Jean creates a swirling Dandelion Field, launching surrounding enemies and causing Anemo DMG. At the same time, she instantly regenerates a large amount of HP for nearby allied units and all party members. HP restored scales off Jean's ATK.
- Dandelion Field: Continuously regenerates HP for one ally and imbues them with the Anemo attribute. Deals Anemo DMG to enemies entering or exiting the field.
Wind Companion (Ascension Lv. 1)
- Adds a bonus to Favonius Bladework.
- Hits by Normal Attacks have a 50% chance to regenerate HP equal to 15% of Jean's ATK for all party members.
Let the Wind Lead (Ascension Lv. 4)
- Upgrades Dandelion Breeze.
- Using Dandelion Breeze will regenerate 20% of its Energy.
Guiding Breeze (Unlocked automatically)
- When a Perfect Cooking is achieved on a dish with restorative effects, there is a 12% chance to obtain double the product.
Genshin Impact Jean Constellations
Spiraling Tempest (Lv.1)
- Modifies Gale Blade
- Increases the pulling speed of Gale Blade after holding for more than 1s, and increases the DMG dealt by 40%.
People's Aegis (Lv. 2)
- When Jean picks up an Elemental Orb/Particle, all party members have their Movement SPD and ATK SPD increased by 15% for 15s.
When the West Wind Arises (Lv. 3)
- Modifies Dandelion Breeze
- Increases the Level of Dandelion Breeze by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
Lands of Dandelion (Lv. 4)
- Modifies Dandelion Breeze
- Within the Field created by Dandelion Breeze, all enemies have their Anemo RES decreased by 40%.
Outbursting Gust (Lv. 5)
- Modifies Gale Blade
- Increase the Level of Gale Blade by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Modifies Dandelion Breeze
- Upon leaving the Dandelion Field, this effect lasts for 3 attacks or 10s.
- Incoming DMG is decreased by 35% within the Field created by Dandelion Breeze.
How to Get Jean in Genshin Impact
Jean Lore & Character Story
The Knights of Favonius are the protectors of Mondstadt, the swords and shields of the city.
In addition to keeping the city and the surrounding travel routes safe from the threat of wild monsters, the Knights' most important responsibility is maintaining order among Mondstadt's inhabitants.
Mondstadt is the City of Freedom, but unchecked freedom without any kind of rules only invites chaos and anxiety.
Jean's understanding of this is the reason she remains diligent at all times, holding herself to impeccable standards.
However, she often finds that she exhausts her monthly quota of coffee within the first few days of the month as a result.
Character Story 1
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 2)
The Gunnhildr Clan is the oldest family of knights in Mondstadt, dating back to even before the very first epic was written.
However, this long and proud lineage can also be a burden. Jean was raised by her mother to be the successor to the Gunnhildr Clan.
She was trained in all the things a knight must know and all the qualities they must exhibit, from discipline, etiquette and conduct, to knowledge of history and ballads, as well as maintaining peak swordsmanship and physical fitness. Only by upholding this standard can Jean carry the mantle of the Gunnhildr Clan, whose motto is: "For Mondstadt, as always."
Some time ago, there was a joke commonly told in Mondstadt's taverns: A Gunnhildr learns to say "For Mondstadt, as always" before learning to say "Mommy."
As a child, Jean once lifted her head up from the book she was reading, "Breeze Amidst the Forest - Ballad Selection," and saw the other children her age happily playing with pinwheels outside the window. The young Jean knew in that moment what her family motto meant to her.
Now, when she lifts her head up from her piles of paperwork and sees the next generation of children doing the same thing, Acting Grand Master Jean has no regrets about her years of service to that motto.
"You have to give your all to do the right thing. Always."
Character Story 2
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 3)
"Master Jean is so reliable."
"If you ever run into trouble, seek Jean. She'll know what to do."
The denizens of Mondstadt, civilians and knights alike, all rely on Jean.
If someone needs help for the right reasons, Jean does not hesitate to render assistance.
Be it a quarrel down at the market, a relationship issue...
No matter how unrelated it may be to a knight's job... Jean gladly lends a hand whenever she can.
"The chance to help someone in need is reason enough for a knight."
To her, her knightly duty takes priority over her role as Acting Grand Master. She believes helping others herself is the best way to assist.
She holds her fellow knights to the same standard.
Lisa the Librarian once suggested that Jean take a break and "enjoy some afternoon tea, as is befitting of a lady."
However, to Jean, doing that which is befitting of a knight takes priority over doing that which is befitting of a lady.
"Jean is so reliable."
Such is the reputation Jean enjoys in Mondstadt.
Her only gripe is that there are not enough hours in the day. She could never help all of those in need, even by forgoing sleep.
The dedication and commitment required to become someone so reliable is unimaginable.
Character Story 3
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
Given everything Jean has brought to her role as Acting Grand Master, people sometimes forget that there is, in fact, a Grand Master who is her superior. This does not bother her in any way, though. Her role and title within the Knights of Favonius do not affect her work ethic in the slightest.
Her passion, honesty, and meticulousness come from two things.
One is her education and training, which instilled in her a chivalrous spirit from a young age. The other is the devoted teachings of Varka, the free-spirited Knight of Boreas and Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius, currently dispatched on a crusade.
The effect the relaxed and unruly Knight of Boreas Varka has had on Jean's growth has been great.
"Grand Master, please take your job seriously. All of Mondstadt looks up to you."
"Well, you are my second-in-command, so helping me out is part of your job description. This way, I can focus on the really important things, wouldn't you agree?"
He is the knight of new frontiers and legendary conquests, while she is the knight of maintaining peace and freedom. Jean does not resent Varka; perhaps there is wisdom in his conduct. However, what Varka leaves undone falls on her shoulders, and it is then down to her to do the right thing.
Half a year ago, Varka led the elite knights of Favonius on yet another expedition away from Mondstadt.
An expedition — how typical of Varka's character.
"I'll leave things here to you. I mean, you've basically been doing my job for years now, anyway."
"Leave it to me, Grand Master."
After seeing the Grand Master off, Jean sat by the window and thought to herself: Upon your return, I will show you a kinder, more prosperous, and more peaceful Mondstadt.
Character Story 4
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 5)
The great tree at Windrise is where the first Dandelion Knight came to the end of her journey.
She was Vennessa, the founder of the Knights of Favonius and the restorer of Mondstadt. She bade farewell to the city she had vowed to protect, leaving behind her legend and a single sapling. After centuries of basking in the bliss of the thousand winds, this sapling grew into a towering tree.
Jean was conferred the title of "Dandelion Knight" at the age of fifteen. The Dandelion Knight is also known as Lionfang Knight. Passed down through generations of knights, the title is bestowed upon only the most distinguished.
On the day she received the title, Jean excused herself from the celebrations that followed the conferment ceremony. As if following in the footsteps of her childhood hero, she went and stood before the great tree.
The title of Dandelion Knight symbolizes Vennessa's legacy of resistance and benevolence. So how, Jean thought, could one such as herself be worthy of this honorable title? More than a millennium had passed since Mondstadt's restoration. Did she really have what it would take to continue to protect this ancient and proud land of freedom?
Beneath her outwardly mature visage lay the heart of a young girl, who had only just received the title and remained wholly unprepared for the task that lay before her. The wind blew from far away, and she felt it flow within her as it gently whisked away her doubts and worries, leaving her with an unwavering determination:
For Mondstadt, as always.
To become a warrior as kind and as determined as Vennessa, and to fight for her people and for freedom... Yes, this was the true meaning of her simple family motto.
To this day, whenever Jean feels weary or feels herself beginning to waver, she comes and stands before this tree and lets the wind console her once more. It carries away her fatigue, so that she may once more have the strength to carry on.
The great tree at Windrise marked the end of the first Lionfang Knight's journey. So too does it symbolize the beginning of Jean's.
Character Story 5
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
Master Jean has a secret.
The Gunnhildr Clan is a venerable knightly house. This prideful blood comes from Jean's mother, Frederica.
Jean's father on the other hand is Seamus Pegg, an adventurer famed throughout the continent. When he came to Mondstadt, he dusted off his past self and started anew with the Church of Favonius, and ascended to high office within it, becoming known as the Cardinal of Daybreak.
The two lovers eventually parted ways. Young Jean, holding her mother's hand, would watch the silhouettes of her father and her sister, Barbara, grow ever more distant. Later, Barbara would follow in her father's footsteps and join the Church of Favonius, becoming a deaconess much beloved by the people.
Jean has always wanted to get closer to her younger sister by blood, but cannot bring herself to say anything when faced with Barbara's evasive eyes. Perhaps this all-too-similar awkwardness is a sign that the sentiment is shared.
Master Jean has yet another secret.
No matter how many times she has read the historical classics, despite her title of Dandelion Knight, and though she has become the Acting Grand Master whom everyone relies on...
Jean still loves romance novels.
This is not for the years as a young girl that she missed amid her training and duties, or due to the rift that formed in her parents' marriage. Jean simply yearns for the mutual attraction spoken of in such stories, for those emotions as subtle and fragile as spider-silk. As a knight, she must put Mondstadt and the Knights of Favonius first.
"If I too could..."
In her office, deep at night, Jean once again finishes reading "Vera's Melancholy."
"If I have the time, it should be fine to go to Cape Oath, just before daybreak... right?"
Lowering her head, Jean peeks out her window at the glittering stars above.
Jean's Daily Schedule - Ver. XVII
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
This schedule is accurate down to the minute.
From a morning run with Amber followed a breakfast trip with Lisa on the way, to doing her own laundry by hand and settling her own change of clothes at night — all things great and small pack Jean's schedule rather tightly.
Every completed item is ticked off, while ones delayed due to external factors list the detailed whys and wherefores.
Next to the item "Mondstadt Public Facilities Review" — delayed due to a bout of illness — is written the following "completed at 3 am, end-of-month book purchase award is canceled."
Jean sometimes thinks that inspiration for this schedule may have been the training program her mother drew up for her ten years ago.
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
If one were to go by skill alone, Jean has long become one of the best swordsmen in Mondstadt.
But in Jean's heart, she would rather be a shield that defends freedom and song than a sword that cuts through corruption and darkness.
"Protecting" has always been a tougher task than "destroying."
Around the time when she was promoted from Captain of her squad to Master of the Knights, a huge challenge stood before her. From without, the Fatui exerted diplomatic pressure, and from within, there were traitors — comrades of the former Inspector. Regrouping and finding a way to break through was no easy task.
But Jean was able to fend off the external pressure with one hand, and lead the Knights to smash the many plots of the Abyss Order with the other, re-establishing the authority of the Knights of Favonius.
Jean will never forget the moment she received her Vision. At that moment, all seemed to grow quiet as she felt the breeze flow through her hand. The world seemed to fade away, save for the time-honored motto of the house of Gunnhildr:
"For Mondstadt, as always."
Jean Notes & Tips
- Other notes, tips, and trivia go here.
|Genshin Impact Playable Characters|
Albedo ♦ Aloy ♦ Amber ♦ Arataki Itto ♦ Barbara ♦ Beidou ♦ Bennett ♦ Chongyun ♦ Collei ♦ Diluc ♦ Diona ♦ Dori ♦ Eula ♦ Fischl ♦ Ganyu ♦ Gorou ♦ Hu Tao ♦ Kaedehara Kazuha ♦ Kaeya ♦ Kamisato Ayaka ♦ Kamisato Ayato ♦ Keqing ♦ Klee ♦ Kujou Sara ♦ Kuki Shinobu ♦ Lisa ♦ Mona ♦ Ningguang ♦ Noelle ♦ Qiqi ♦ Raiden Shogun ♦ Razor ♦ Rosaria ♦ Sangonomiya Kokomi ♦ Sayu ♦ Shenhe ♦ Shikanoin Heizou ♦ Sucrose ♦ Tartaglia ♦ Thoma ♦ Tighnari ♦ Traveler ♦ Venti ♦ Xiangling ♦ Xiao ♦ Xingqiu ♦ Xinyan ♦ Yae Miko ♦ Yanfei ♦ Yelan ♦ Yoimiya ♦ Yun Jin ♦ Zhongli