Kaeya is a Playable Character in Genshin Impact. These playable characters are the various roles that a player can add to their party and take control of in Genshin Impact. Each character in the game is unique from one another, they are different when it comes to the element they harness, the weapon that they use, their appearance, stats, strengths, weaknesses, and many more
In the Knights of Favonius, Kaeya is the most trusted aide for the acting Grand Master Jean. You can always count on him to solve any intractable problems. Everyone in Mondstadt loves Kaeya, but no one knows what secrets this witty, charming knight has.
Genshin Impact Kaeya Information
- Role: Support
- Vision: Cryo
- Constellation: Pavo Ocellus
- Main Weapon: Swords
- Elemental Burst: Glacial Waltz
- Elemental Burst Effect: Coalescing the frost in the air, Kaeya summons 3 icicles that revolve around him.
- Character Passive Talent: Hidden Strength
- Passive Talent Effect: Decreases all party member's sprinting Stamina consumption by 20%.
- Specialty Dish: Fruity Skewers - Restores 16% of Max HP and an additional 1,350 HP to the selected character.
Genshin Impact Kaeya Guides & Builds
- Kaeya Strength: Good Auto-Attack and Elemental Skill Damage Multipliers, Short Cool Down rates
- Kaeya Weakness: Small AoE
- Kaeya Combat: Kaeya is a flexible character in the game used in builds as Support or DPS, either with his elemental cryo abilieis or physical damage. He also works well in a quick swap build with Rosaria. His burst is the part of his kit that does the most damage.
Kaeya Best Items
- Harbinger of Dawn: This weapon beats most of the four-star weapons in terms of damage. With one caveat being it requires Kaeya‘s HP to stay over 95% all the time. It gives both a high Critical Rate and Critical Damage, which elevates all damage.
- Iron Sting: It gives a little less damage but provides more consistency. However, that weapon is only a starting point and not a great option for DPS in the long run. Keep it as a placeholder, until you get the true best four-star, Lion’s Roar.
- Lion's Roar: Lion’s Roar is a massive upgrade over any free weapon, especially on higher refinement. That’s mainly due to the passive that gives a straight damage multiplier to all enemies affected by Pyro. The bonus gets up to 36% at refinement level 5, which makes it a very good weapon to pull, if you ever spend primogems on a weapon banner.
- Festering Desire: Increases Elemental Skill DMG by 16% and Elemental Skill CRIT Rate by 6%.
- Favonius Sword: CRIT Hits have a 60% chance to generate a small amount of Elemental Particles, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character. Can only occur once every 12s.
Genshin Impact Kaeya And Rosaria Reverse Melt Build Guide
enerally, building several characters for DPS can be expensive in resin. However, you can outfit Kaeya & Rosaria Reverse Melt Build mostly from one domain, so it brings down the cost quite a lot. With the option to farm different domains and optimize the team further if you play long enough. The team is easy and fun to use, with good visuals, fluid transitions, and no complicated combos.
In our combo, Xiangling provides a quick Pyro application to melt both Kaeya and Rosaria’s elemental burst and skill. Bennett applies additional Pyro and buffs the entire team. All of Xiangling, Kaeya, and Rosaria can snapshot the stats at the start of their burs, that’s how they maintain Bennett‘s Attack buff for the entire duration of the burst. Rosaria also buffs the entire team with Crit Rate stat upon Burst, which can be snapshot in the same way. Using two Pyro characters, a Pyro resonance buffs the team’s attack further. Then we also have Cryo resonance, which buffs Crit rate against enemies affected by Cryo. That matters only at the start of the combo to Forward Melt Bennett‘s Burst, because at the rest of rotation, enemies are affected by Pyro instead.
Kaeya in our Reverse Melt team is not a support, not a sub DPS, and is also not an enabler. He is the second DPS character with a similar or identical build to Rosaria. That requires much investment for endgame content of course, but he can start slow at early game, and you keep building him from there. He’s a guaranteed character so every player has him, and he works perfectly fine without any constellations. So he will establish his strong presence in the team from quite early on.
You can build Kaeya for reaction damage, Burst Damage, or a general Cryo Damage multiplier. You can give him pieces left from Rosaria, or build a different set entirely.
Go straight for EM on Sands, Cryo Damage on Goblet, and Crit Rate or Crit Damage on headpiece as main stats. For the sub stats, focus on Attack, and Crit Rate or Crit Damage. If you are using a weapon with EM though (such as Iron Sting, or Freedom-Sworn) you should switch to % Attack Sands. The reason is to not get massive diminishing returns from EM, since Kaeya doesn’t Melt every hit from his combo.
To Read more about this build, check the Kaeya & Rosaria Reverse Melt Build.
Genshin Impact Kaeya Talents
- Normal Attack: Performs up to 5 consecutive strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to unleash 2 rapid sword strikes.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging enemeies along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
- Unleashes a frigit blast, dealing Cryo DMG to enemies in front of Kaeya.
- Coalescing the frost in the air, Kaeya summons 3 icicles that revolve around him.
- These icicles will follow the character around and deal Cryo DMG to enemies in their path for so long as they persist.
Cold-Blooded Strike (Ascension Lv. 1)
- Every hit with Frostgnaw regenerates HP for Kaeya equal to 15% of ATK.
Heart of the Abyss (Ascension Lv. 4)
- Enemies Frozen by Frostgnaw will drop additional Elemental Particles.
- Frostgnaw may only produce a maximum of 2 additional Elemental Particles per use.
Hidden Strength (Unlocked automatically)
- Decreases all party member's sprinting Stamina consumption by 20%.
Genshin Impact Kaeya Constellations
Excellent Blood (Lv. 1)
- The CRIT Rate of Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG against enemies affected by the Cold or Frozen status effects is increased by 15%.
Never-Ending Performance (Lv. 2)
- Modifies Glacial Waltz.
- Every time Glacial Waltz defeats an enemy, its duration is increased by 2.5s, up to a maximum of 15s.
Dance of Frost (Lv. 3)
- Modifies Frostgnaw.
- Increases the Level of Frostgnaw by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
Frozen Kiss (Lv. 4)
- Triggers automatically when Kaeya's HP falls below 20%:
- Creates a shield that absorbs damage equal to 30% of Kaeya's Max HP. Lasts for 20s.
- This shield absorbs Cryo DMG with 250% efficiency.
- Can only occur once every 60s.
Frostbiting Embrace (Lv. 5)
- Modifies Glacial Waltz.
- Increase the Level of Glacial Waltz by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
Glacial Whirlwind (Lv. 6)
- Modifies Glacial Waltz.
- Glacial Waltz will generate 1 additional icicle and will regenerate 15 Energy when cast.
How to Get Kaeya in Genshin Impact
- Kaeya can be obtained in the Prologue, Act I: The Outlander Who Caught the Wind during the quest Crash Course.
- Characters are primarily be obtained by using Primogems Materials to perform Wishes or Gacha Pulls.
Kaeya Lore & Character Story
Kaeya Alberich is an adopted son to the Ragnvindr Family, the renowned wine tycoon.
It has been a long time since he last called Diluc Ragnvindr "brother."
Kaeya currently serves as the Cavalry Captain of the Knights of Favonius, and is trusted by Jean.
Kaeya is often the one wrapping things up in every incident that occurs in Mondstadt's vicinity.
Character Story 1
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 2)
It is a curious fact that your best chance of finding Kaeya is not by visiting the Knights' headquarters, but by frequenting the taverns at night.
Kaeya is often found sitting at the bar, gossiping with the city folk, and sipping the famed Mondstadt beverage, Death After Noon.
He is surprisingly popular among the elderly of Mondstadt, even earning himself the title of "top candidate for grandson-in-law."
It's hard to imagine someone as mischievous, amiable, and wine-loving as Kaeya being the Cavalry Captain of the Knights of Favonius.
Hunters and bandits alike are often among Kaeya's drinking buddies. As wary of him as they may initially be, all are ultimately disarmed by his smooth talking, and end up telling him everything he wants to know.
Depending on what they then make privy to Kaeya, their night may turn into an uncontrollable nightmare or remain one of harmless banter.
"Everyone's got a secret, but not everyone knows what to do with it."
Says Kaeya, with his usual arrogant smirk.
Character Story 2
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 3)
"Justice is not an absolute principle, but is the result of striking that fine balance between strength and strategy. As for the details of how it's done... Don't worry yourself too much about that."
Kaeya once said these words in front of Grand Master Varka. As long as everything falls into place the way he expects in the end, Kaeya doesn't care all that much about the means.
This cavalier attitude is what defines his character. Not so unlike Death After Noon's wild and explosive taste, one might add.
However, his reckless approach to things is not uncontroversial. Once, in order to force a bandit leader into facing him directly, Kaeya triggered the Ruin Guard at an ancient ruin to cut his opponent off, putting his own men at risk in the process.
It's times like these when even Jean, who puts a lot of trust in Kaeya, finds herself shaking her head in disapproval. Not that this bothers Kaeya, of course. On the contrary, he actually enjoys putting people into the difficult position of making tough decisions.
He takes pleasure in seeing the hesitation in his comrades' eyes in the moment just before they dive into battle with him, just as he takes pleasure in the look of fear in his enemies' eyes as they face off against him.
Character Story 3
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
The flourishing winery business in Mondstadt has been a great source of prosperity in the region over the years. This prosperity often entices greedy bandits and monsters to the area.
They are a motley bunch who hide in the shadows, and their backgrounds, motives, and allegiances are varied and complex. Kaeya battles against this threat to Mondstadt not only with his sword, but also with his smarts and his wit.
A young knight once dedicated years of his life to studying threats in and around Mondstadt, and reached an astounding conclusion:
When Death After Noon is out of season due to lack of supply, the number of reported incidents inside and outside the city show a drastic decrease, and this remains the case until Death After Noon returns to the market...
The young knight showed his findings to Cavalry Captain Kaeya in hopes of getting some advice from him. "Interesting. I'll look into it." Kaeya answered, with a wry smirk on his face.
Character Story 4
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 5)
Generally speaking, Kaeya is an easy person to have a conversation with. The only topic that you will never hear him discuss is his past. Even when the Grand Master demanded information on his background, Kaeya skirted around the issue and gave only vague answers devoid of details.
"One afternoon near the end of summer a decade ago, my father and I passed by the Dawn Winery."
"'I'll go get us some grape juice for the road,' he said, but he never came back."
"If Master Crepus hadn't taken me in, I doubt I'd have made it through the storm that night."
This matter-of-fact description hides a carefully constructed lie. Kaeya has never once spoken the truth about what happened that afternoon:
"This is your chance. You are our last hope."
Kaeya's father squeezed his son's lean shoulders as he spoke, seemingly looking right through Kaeya to some place far beyond. On the other side of the horizon sat their distant homeland of Khaenri'ah. Kaeya would never forget the look of both hope and hatred in his father's eyes as he uttered those words.
Character Story 5
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
Many citizens still remember the two most eye-catching young gentlemen in all of Mondstadt a few years ago. One of them was the dapper Diluc, an elegant swordsman who always had a warm smile and a confident posture.
The other was the eccentric Kaeya. He was Diluc's friend, supporter, and sounding board, ensuring he got through every challenge he faced smoothly. They were almost like twins, knowing each other's thoughts and intentions without a word, protecting Mondstadt in both light and dark.
...Until that fateful day, now ingrained deep in Kaeya's memory, when the convoy that Diluc was escorting was attacked by a huge monster.
It was the first and only time that Kaeya failed in his duty. By the time Kaeya finally reached Diluc, it was all over. The power their father had used to successfully fend off the attack backfired, taking their father's life.
Both Kaeya and Diluc were shocked by what they had witnessed, losing the calm composure a knight should retain.
"Even someone like Master Crepus would submit to such a dangerous and evil power..."
Sinister thoughts flashed through Kaeya's mind, and he simply smirked:
"This world is truly... fascinating."
All while their father lay dead in a pool of his own blood. It was on that night that the two sons' paths diverged.
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
Between the pages of "The Adventures of Angelos," you find a list of names written on a sheet of official Knights of Favonius letterhead paper.
It meticulously records the details of bandits in the city and further afield, as well as mercenaries and mid-to-senior-level Treasure Hoarder members, listing for each entry a name, position, area of activity, and personal profile.
A dozen or so names are circled, with a note in the margin saying "Otherwise, things would get too boring."
When questioned about it, Kaeya's response is "I suppose I must have gotten drunk and started scribbling nonsense."
Your gut feeling is that Kaeya purposely let you see this list, but you have no way of proving it.
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
It was raining heavily in Mondstadt on the night that Kaeya Alberich received his Vision.
Earlier that day, Crepus Ragnvindr had wielded the power of a Delusion — only to become its victim when it backfired. To set his father free from the unbearable agony, Diluc Ragnvindr took his life.
Kaeya was Diluc's brother by adoption and was always by his side, but on this occasion Kaeya did not partake in the final moments shared between father and son.
The torrential rain that set in on Mondstadt that night seemed to be a sign of the heavens' grief at the passing of Master Crepus.
There was a side to Kaeya that he kept hidden from the world: In truth, he was an agent of Khaenri'ah, placed in Mondstadt to serve their interests. His father had abandoned him in this strange and unknown land to fulfill this mission, and it was Master Crepus and the city of Mondstadt that had welcomed him with open arms when they found him.
If Khaenri'ah and Mondstadt went to war, which side should he support? To whom should he offer his assistance: his birth father, who had ruthlessly abandoned him? Or his adoptive father, who had loved him and raised him? For the longest time, Kaeya had agonized over these impossible questions, caught between the opposing demands of loyalty and duty, faced with an impossible choice between truth and happiness.
But now, Crepus' death upset this delicate balance. He felt liberated, but also ashamed of how selfishly he was responding. As an adopted son, he should have saved Crepus, but he had arrived moments too late. As a brother, he should have shared in Diluc's grief, and yet as their father lay dying on the ground, he had hung back behind his brother, that ancient plot running through his mind.
Consumed by guilt, Kaeya knocked on Diluc's door. As the rain poured down, the shroud of secrecy was washed away and all lies were revealed. Kaeya had finally come clean.= He had anticipated Diluc's anger. The brothers drew their blades, this time pointing them at each other. Kaeya felt that this was his punishment for a lifetime of lies.
But as the two crossed blades, Kaeya was overcome by the sensation of great elemental power surging through him. For years, he had stayed out of the way in his brother's shadow. But now, for the first time ever, he was facing his brother as his true self.
Bitterly cold and brittle elemental energy burst forth from the tip of his sword to meet Diluc’s searing flames head-on. The clash of crimson fire and azure ice created a sudden swirl of wind that stunned them both. This was the grim moment at which Kaeya's Vision appeared.
Since that day, Kaeya and Diluc have gone their separate ways. But he never discusses it, just as he never discusses the origin of his Vision. Though it is a reminder of a hard-fought battle, and the prize that he earned in exchange for revealing the unadulterated truth, Kaeya sees it as a stern reminder that he must live the rest of his life under the heavy burden of lies.
Kaeya Notes & Tips
- Other notes, tips, and trivia go here.
|Genshin Impact Playable Characters|
Albedo ♦ Aloy ♦ Amber ♦ Arataki Itto ♦ Barbara ♦ Beidou ♦ Bennett ♦ Chongyun ♦ Collei ♦ Diluc ♦ Diona ♦ Dori ♦ Eula ♦ Fischl ♦ Ganyu ♦ Gorou ♦ Hu Tao ♦ Jean ♦ Kaedehara Kazuha ♦ Kamisato Ayaka ♦ Kamisato Ayato ♦ Keqing ♦ Klee ♦ Kujou Sara ♦ Kuki Shinobu ♦ Lisa ♦ Mona ♦ Ningguang ♦ Noelle ♦ Qiqi ♦ Raiden Shogun ♦ Razor ♦ Rosaria ♦ Sangonomiya Kokomi ♦ Sayu ♦ Shenhe ♦ Shikanoin Heizou ♦ Sucrose ♦ Tartaglia ♦ Thoma ♦ Tighnari ♦ Traveler ♦ Venti ♦ Xiangling ♦ Xiao ♦ Xingqiu ♦ Xinyan ♦ Yae Miko ♦ Yanfei ♦ Yelan ♦ Yoimiya ♦ Yun Jin ♦ Zhongli