Kamisato Ayaka is a Playable Character in Genshin Impact. These playable characters are the various roles that a player can add to their party and take control of in Genshin Impact. Each character in the game is unique from one another, they are different when it comes to the element they harness, the weapon that they use, their appearance, stats, strengths, weaknesses, and many more.
Daughter of the Yashiro Commission's Kamisato Clan from Inazuma. Dignified and elegant, wise and determined. Sincere and pleasant to others. Universally loved by the Inazuma people, she has earned the title of Shirasagi Himegimi.
Genshin Impact Kamisato Ayaka Information
- Role: DPS
- Vision: Cryo
- Constellation: Grus Nivis
- Main Weapon: Swords
- Elemental Burst: Kamisato Art: Soumetsu
- Elemental Burst Effect: Summons forth a snowstorm with flawless poise, unleashing a Frostflake Seki no To that moves forward continuously.
- Character Passive Talent: Fruits of Shinsa
- Passive Talent Effect: When Ayaka crafts Weapon Ascension Materials, she has a 10% chance to receive double the product.
- Specialty Dish: Snow on the Hearth - Revives a character and restores 20% of Max HP, then restores an additional 1500 HP.
Genshin Impact Kamisato Ayaka Guides and Builds
- Ayaka Strength: High Base CRIT DMG and Elemental Burst DMG.
- Ayaka Weaknesses: High Energy Cost for Elemental Burst.
Ayaka Best Items
- Summit Shaper: This weapon has a high base attack, and a passive that grants even more attack. Being protected by a shield, doubles the attack amount granted from the passive, giving a total potential of 89.6% Attack.
- Mistsplitter Reforged: The signature weapon for Ayaka, and was released with its own rate up banner this patch. this weapon is just so strong, that it’s best in slot for every elemental DPS sword user. Ayaka can easily utilize the three stacks of weapon passive during her elemental burst, and that’s the biggest increase in her DPS. Though Ayaka can clear the highest Abyss floor with three stars without it, so it’s a luxury in most cases.
- Blizzard Strayer: This gives a straight up 40% Crit Rate, and Cryo DMG Bonus of +15%. This Crit Rate allows you to switch the main stat of Headpiece to Crit damage, and the sub stat of your weapon to Attack.
Genshin Impact Kamisato Ayaka Build
To get the best out of Ayaka, you need a freeze team, with one Cryo character for Cryo resonance and a battery. Then you need one Hydro character, for applying freeze, and an Anemo character to swirl Cryo and get the Viridescent Venerer bonus. The good thing is, Ayaka doesn’t need a specific support character in any of these categories. So, you can use any Cryo support, such as Kaeya, Rosaria, Diona, or even Ganyu. Then any Anemo character such as Jean, Venti, Sucrose, or Kazuha. And finally, you can use any of the three Hydro support characters Barbara, Mona, or Xingqiu.
We build Ayaka as a pure damage dealer, so we need a Cryo Damage Bonus, % Attack, Critical Rate, and Critical Damage. However, since we are up against enemies that are frozen or affected by Cryo all the time, we get all Crit rates needed from Cryo resonance and the Blizzard Strayer set. So that allows us to use Critical Damage as the main stat on Headpiece in all scenarios, for much more damage. On top of that, if we are using Rosaria in our team, we can easily hit 100% Critical Rate without a single Crit Rate stat in sub stats. That allows us to focus more on % Attack, more Critical Damage, and maybe Energy Recharge as well.
For the full guide on this build, check the full Ayaka the Snow Bird Build Guide.
Genshin Impact Kamisato Ayaka Talents
- Normal Attack: Perform up to 5 rapid strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to unleash a flurry of sword ki.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging enemies along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
- Summons blooming ice to launch nearby opponents, dealing AoE Cryo DMG.
- Summons forth a snowstorm with flawless poise, unleashing a Frostflake Seki no To that moves forward continuously.
- Frostflake Seki no To
- A storm of whirling icy winds that slashes repeatedly at every enemy it touches, dealing Cryo DMG.
- The snowstorm explodes after its duration ends, dealing AoE Cryo DMG.
- Alternate Sprint: Ayaka consumes Stamina and cloaks herself in a frozen fog that moves with her.
- In Senho form, she moves swiftly upon water. When she reappears, the following effects occur:
- Ayaka unleashes frigid energy to apply Cryo on nearby opponents.
- Coldness condenses around Ayaka's blade, infusing her attacks with Cryo for a brief period.
Amatsumi Kunitsumi Sanctification (1st Ascension Passive)
- After using Kamisato Art: Hyouka, Kamisato Ayaka's Normal and Charged attacks deal 30% increased DMG for 6s.
Kanten Senmyou Blessing ( 4th Ascension Passive)
- When the Cryo application at the end of Kamisato Art: Senho hits an opponent, Kamisato Ayaka gains the following effects:
- Restores 10 Stamina
- Gains 18% Cryo DMG Bonus for 10s.
Fruits of Shinsa (Unlocked Automatically)
- When Ayaka crafts Weapon Ascension Materials, she has a 10% chance to receive double the product.
Genshin Impact Kamisato Ayaka Constellations
Snowswept Sakura (Lvl. 1)
- When Kamisato Ayaka's Normal or Charged Attacks deal Cryo DMG to opponents, it has a 50% chance of decreasing the CD of Kamisato Art: Hyouka by 0.3s. This effect can occur once every 0.1s.
Blizzard Blade Seki no To (Lvl. 2)
- When casting Kamisato Art: Soumetsu, unleashes 2 smaller additional Frostflake Seki no To, each dealing 20% of the original storm's DMG.
Frostbloom Kamifubuki (Lvl. 3)
- Increases the Level of Kamisato Art: Soumetsu by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Ebb and Flow (Lvl. 4)
- Opponents damaged by Kamisato Art: Soumetsu's Frostflake Seki no To will have their DEF decreased by 30% for 6s.
Blossom Cloud Irutsuki (Lvl. 5)
- Increases the Level of Kamisato Art: Hyouka by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Dance of Suigetsu (Lvl. 6)
- Kamisato Ayaka gains Usurahi Butou every 10s, increasing her Charged Attack DMG by 298%. This buff will be cleared 0.5s after Ayaka's Charged ATK hits an opponent, after which the timer for this ability will restart.
How to Get Kamisato Ayaka in Genshin Impact
Kamisato Ayaka Lore & Character Story
A pair of siblings have inherited the Kamisato Clan, one of the three most respected and prestigious clans in Inazuma City.
The elder brother, Ayato, is the head of the clan and is in charge of government affairs. While his younger sister, Ayaka, known by all as the Princess, takes care of the clan's internal and external affairs.
Ayaka often appears at social occasions and has more interactions with the common folk. As such, she is better known by the people and has gained a higher reputation than her elder brother. This has earned her the elegant title of Shirasagi Himegimi.
As is known to all, Ayaka, the daughter of the Kamisato family, is a figure greatly admired by the people for her beauty, dignified demeanor, and noble character.
Character Story 1
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 2)
Across Inazuma, all affairs of state that do not go up to the Raiden Shogun are largely handled by the Triarchal Council. The council's executive powers are, in turn, divided amongst three groups known as the Tri-Commissions: the Yashiro Commission, the Tenryou Commission, and the Kanjou Commission.
The three clans that hold power over these Commissions are as follows: Kamisato, Kujou, and Hiiragi. These three great clans are known throughout Inazuma. Kamisato Ayaka is the young lady of the Yashiro Commission's Kamisato Clan, known far and wide as the Shirasagi Himegimi. When asked the whys and wherefores of such a nickname, many Inazumans have their own explanations...
"Lady Ayaka is as graceful and pure as an egret. And just look at her elegance, her clever yet proper speech — why should she not be named a Princess?"
"Lady Ayaka may be of noble birth but she is gentle and polite to us. She is kind, loyal, and is willing to help others. She even went against the opinions of others and took in that commoner, Thoma."
There are as many opinions concerning this as there are people, but none can say where the "Shirasagi Himegimi" nickname actually originated. Still, Ayaka's popularity amongst the people is quite plain to see.
Character Story 2
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 3)
As the daughter of the Yashiro Commission's Kamisato Clan, Ayaka always has to remain alert to the jostling for power between noble families. Being young, yet already famed throughout the land, she has been the inevitable target of provocation on the part of other noble scions who have grown jealous of the Kamisato siblings.
The creation and maintenance of a public image may be a formality, but for a house of standing like the Kamisato Clan, even meaningless routine has social significance. Failing to take part in the tangled web of Inazuman political relations risks their position as head of the Yashiro Commission. As such, the two siblings came to an accord.
The elder brother, Ayato, preferring not to show his face too often, would busy himself with government affairs, while the act of maintaining the clan's image would be the responsibility of the elegant, socially-adroit younger sister, Ayaka.
Through her dignified, demure, and polite posture, Ayaka has very much secured a place for herself in the social arena. Whether she is negotiating with potential partners or dealing with difficult nobles, her actions are all well-founded and beyond reproach.
The internal clan affairs are also in her care. Indeed, their estates may have descended into chaos, if not for her.
Character Story 3
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
One autumn afternoon, Ayaka was on her way home from completing certain minor affairs when she happened to hear an old voice singing from within an old house.
Within was an old woman, blind in both eyes, whose stick-thin fingers produced music like flowing water as they plucked at her instrument's strings.
Perhaps it was due to her sharp ears, but the old lady heard Ayaka's footsteps and inquired as to who was outside. Not wishing to trouble the old lady, Ayaka replied that she was a nearby resident who had gotten lost and entered this place.
As a member of the Yashiro Commission, Ayaka was well-acquainted with the peoples' lives and quickly recognized this solitary old lady as the very same person who busked in the city streets when the weather was good.
The tune was outdated, and so was the song. As one who could not see, this lady had long fallen out of step with the times. Even in the nation that pursues eternity, some still endured such hard lives.
Out of the goodness of her heart, Ayaka, thusly incognito, spent a long time chatting with the old lady. Taking Ayaka for an ordinary maiden, the old lady spoke of the method of making and playing the koto, and even gave her some tea leaves that she had kept stored up.
Compared to the exquisite leaves that the Kamisato Clan had in stock, these rough leaves may as well have been grass, but Ayaka accepted them while profusely thanking her.
That day, she thought of her parents many times. Had they been around, would they not have grown this old someday? Returning home, she spoke of her encounter with her brother, and the two siblings shared the rustic tea gifted to her by the old lady.
Afterward, Ayaka would come to see that old lady again every few days, each time posing as a person living nearby, and each time bringing with her some daily necessities that were well-loved by the common folk.
"The sakura trees in the streets have bloomed again," Ayaka said to the old lady with a smile, "and they are as lovely as your music."
Character Story 4
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 5)
In people's imagination, the nobility's living expenses are orders of magnitude above the common folk. So for someone as noble as Kamisato Ayaka, surely she too must lead a life of wanton luxury.
This statement is only half right, however.
Ayaka does ostensibly live in a much more particular manner than the ordinary citizen.
The costs of studying flower arrangement and tea ceremony, sampling fine teas, and enjoying exotic flowers daily are also by no means small. However, these are all skills that she must master as a young lady of a noble house — such commitments can hardly be called "wanton."
The things that can truly make Ayaka smile are, in fact, ordinary things that even the common folk can enjoy. The making of snacks, fishing for goldfish by the ponds, squirreling herself away to read the latest novels from Yae Publishing House... Each one of these is but a tiny matter.
At such times, she is not the adored Shirasagi Himegimi, or Lady Ayaka, mistress of the great Kamisato estates. She is just "Ayaka," an ordinary girl like any other.
Here, she sets her dignified externalized persona aside and sets her true, casual self free. Only as "Ayaka" can she lay down her heavy burdens and do the things that ordinary girls can do.
When hungry at night, she sneaks past the servants into the kitchen and makes herself some chazuke while humming a little tune. During tea ceremony classes, she might surreptitiously try to use the tea leaves to indulge in some romance-related astrology... The list of her little escapades goes on.
Though she has never told anyone this, Ayaka treasures her time as an ordinary girl above all else, for these moments of freedom are things she rarely ever has.
Character Story 5
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
The tutors who guide Ayaka in her various arts once used to say: whether in tea ceremony, chess, the art of the sword, or all other affairs of elegance, Ayaka is already a master.
She is clearly already a noble lady of superb bearing, skilled with both the pen and the sword. To be able to teach such a pupil is a teacher's pride and joy.
Still, Ayaka thinks quietly to herself, does she truly have no regrets?
The essence of tea is peace and quiet.
The heart of the sword is the keenest edge.
The soul of chess is the wisdom to grasp the bigger picture.
These three she has grasped indeed, and the spirit of true friendship also.
And yet, Ayaka is still waiting for a friend to emerge who can walk alongside her on equal footing and stand by her side.
That person cannot see her as a member of the Yashiro Commission, or as the Shirasagi Himegimi, nor will their conduct towards her be bound by decorum or status. And if possible, they might also be well-versed in a great many fields of study, and have witnessed all manner of interesting things... and perhaps they might even be able to tell her a story in a pinch.
Only such a person might become Ayaka's bosom friend.
"Surely, this is not too much to ask... But where might I find such a person?"
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
"Come, come, come,"
"Let's play Temari!"
"1, 2, 1, 2, 3,"
"The Temari goes up the Sacred Sakura Tree."
"4, 5, 4, 5, 6,"
"Woosh, and over Mt. Yougou it flicks!"
"7, 8, 7, 8, 9,"
"The Temari returns into these hands of mine."
"Yes, into little~ Ayaka's~ hands~!"
This was Ayaka's favorite nursery rhyme back in the day.
Back then, she gave her favorite Temari the name "Moriwakamaru," and she would dribble the multi-colored Moriwakamaru about while humming this very song. Hearing her song, her parents and brother would be unable to stop themselves from smiling. Indeed, they would often join in the fun, tossing the Temari between them as a family.
But that was a long time ago, and Ayaka no longer plays games of Temari. She has become an independent, powerful figure in her own right — and Moriwakamaru, the symbol of her childhood and the bearer of her precious memories, has also been stored away within Ayaka's cabinet.
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
Some years ago, the Clan underwent a huge change, and a heavy burden fell upon Ayato's shoulders. At that time, Ayaka was not yet the mature and capable person she is now.
She was originally a playful child, one who knew nothing of the clan's duties, and thus lacked the skill and experience needed for dealing with various kinds of people altogether.
But seeing her mother on her sickbed and her brother hard at work, Ayaka sensed that she too had to grow up.
So she decided to take up her long-disused sword arts and poetry, both staples of nobility. If she could master these two, she could at least pass for a decent lady of the Kamisato Clan, and thus help her brother show up at some festivals, alleviating his burden.
Truth be told, Ayaka was not preternaturally gifted and would spend much time being troubled by her inability to memorize poetry, write elegantly, or brandish her sword.
Yet she did not waver — a poem she failed to memorize once would be memorized fifty times, a poorly-written word would be written fifty times over, and a sword technique that failed would be swung fifty times more.
"None may deflect a swing that has been practiced a thousand times." — This was something her mother told her.
When her mother left this world, Ayaka was no longer "Little Ayaka." She was now Kamisato Ayaka, the young lady of the Kamisato Clan, one of the Shogun's three great clans.
Sword art training thus became part of her daily life and has remained so to this day without pause.
On one particular day, Ayaka, at last, defeated an opponent in a single strike. In that instant, as she stood in the middle of the dojo, icy flowers condensed all about her. And there, upon the tip of her sword, now hung a Vision, icy and bright.
"None may deflect a swing that has been practiced a thousand times" indeed — and even the gods may thus be moved.
Kamisato Ayaka Notes & Tips
- Other notes, tips, and trivia go here.
|Genshin Impact Playable Characters|
Albedo ♦ Aloy ♦ Amber ♦ Arataki Itto ♦ Barbara ♦ Beidou ♦ Bennett ♦ Chongyun ♦ Diluc ♦ Diona ♦ Eula ♦ Fischl ♦ Ganyu ♦ Hu Tao ♦ Jean ♦ Kaedehara Kazuha ♦ Kaeya ♦ Keqing ♦ Klee ♦ Kujou Sara ♦ Lisa ♦ Mona ♦ Ningguang ♦ Noelle ♦ Qiqi ♦ Raiden Shogun ♦ Razor ♦ Rosaria ♦ Sangonomiya Kokomi ♦ Sayu ♦ Sucrose ♦ Tartaglia ♦ Thoma ♦ Traveler ♦ Venti ♦ Xiangling ♦ Xiao ♦ Xingqiu ♦ Xinyan ♦ Yanfei ♦ Yoimiya ♦ Zhongli