Keqing is a Playable Character in Genshin Impact. These playable characters are the various roles that a player can add to their party and take control of in Genshin Impact. Each character in the game is unique from one another, they are different when it comes to the element they harness, the weapon that they use, their appearance, stats, strengths, weaknesses, and many more
The Yuheng of the Liyue Qixing. Keqing has much to say about Rex Lapis' unilateral approach to policymaking in Liyue — but in truth, gods admire skeptics such as her quite a lot.
She firmly believes that humanity's future should be determined by humans themselves, and that they can even do better than the archons and adepti have done for them. In order to prove this, she works harder than anyone else.
Genshin Impact Keqing Information
- Role: DPS
- Vision: Electro
- Constellation: Trulla Cementarii
- Main Weapon: Swords
- Elemental Burst: Starward Sword
- Elemental Burst Effect: Keqing unleashes the power of lightning, dealing Electro DMG in an AoE.
- Character Passive Talent: Land's Overseer
- Passive Talent Effect: When dispatched on an expedition in Liyue, time consumed is reduced by 25%.
Genshin Impact Keqing Outfits
Outfits for Genshin Impact are an equipment category of the game that are usually featured in special events or purchased via the Character Outfit Shop. These change the appearance of a Playable Character that can be previewed and worn in the Dressing Room. Outfits are purely cosmetic, and add no real stats or strength to any character that has them equipped, meaning they are not helpful in progressing the game.
- Opulent Splendor: Keqing's formal wear. Amidst the beautiful dawn of the Lantern Rite, the threads weaved by days of hard work intertwine into a light yet magnificent appearance.
Genshin Impact Keqing Guide and Builds
- Keqing Strength: Low cooldown with Elemental and gives ability to eleport.
- Keqing Weaknesses: High Charge attack stamina cost.
- Keqing Combat: A very versatile combat character which gives players flexibility when including her in a build. A notable feature though is that the Electro Keqing has a higher DMG than physical.
Keqing Best Items
- Iron Sting: A four star weapon with a crit rate stat although Keqing truly shines with the more rare weapons with Crit Rate stat, like Aquila Favonia (five star), Lion’s Roar, or The Flute. These are very good weapons if you could get your hands on them, or else, we can resort to one of the guaranteed swords.
- Blackcliff Longsword: It gives more Critical Damage and require even more investment in Crit Rate to balance the scale.
- The Black Sword: It has everything she will ever need, huge Crit Rate, increased damage multiplier, and a good heal upon attacking enemies. The good thing is, this weapon is guaranteed, and you don’t have to gamble for it. The draw back is Battle Pass costing some real cash, though it has benefits such as ascension materials and Mora.
Genshin Impact Keqing the Driving Thunder Build
This Keqing The Driving Thunder uses a combination of pure Electro and Pyro, to setup enemies up for massive Overload explosions. Because the Elemental Resonance gained from the two Pyro and two Electro characters are increased Attack, and massive energy recharge. Keqing’s ascension passive is Critical Damage Bonus, while her passives gives Crit Rate. On top of that, she have very fast normal attack combo, which she convert to Electro damage. All of that, makes her one of greatest damage damage dealers in the entire game.
All of Electro reactions, including Overload are considered “transformative reactions”. These scale only with Elemental mastery, and character level, and o they don’t scale with character damage. So ideally, we want the Keqing to provide the “Aura Element”, and the Pyro support characters to proc the reaction. This way we build our supports towards Elemental Mastery, and damage dealer towards direct damage. We can use Xiangling and Bennett on the Pyro side, and we get can Fischl as a second Electro character.
Among our team, Keqing is the best Carry, so we want to build her for sustained DPS. We want to focus on Electro Damage Bonus, and Critical rate, then comes % Attack and Crit Damage. At level 80, she have 88.4% Crit Damage without any investment from Weapon or Artifacts. To optimize her damage, we need to get her Critical Rate over 45% before trying to pump Crit Damage any further. That mean as much Critical Rate in main stats and sub-stats everywhere.
For more information and the full build, check the Keqing the Driving Thunder Free to Play build Guide.
Genshin Impact Keqing Talents
- Normal Attack: Performs up to 5 rapid strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to unleash 2 rapid sword strikes.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging enemeies along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
- Hurls a Lightning Stiletto that annihilates her enemies like the swift thunder. When the Stiletto hits its target, it deals Electro DMG to enemies in a small AoE, and places a Stiletto Mark on the spot hit.
- On Hold: Hold to adjust the direction in which the Stiletto shall be thrown. Stilettos thrown by the Hold attack mode can be suspended in mid-air, allowing Keqing to jump to them when using Stellar Restoration a second time.
- Lightning Stiletto: If Keqing uses Stellar Restoration again or uses a Charged Attack while its duration lasts, it will clear the Stiletto Mark and produce different effects:
- If she uses Stellar Restoration again, she will blink to the location of the Mark and unleashed one slashing attack that deals AoE Electro DMG. When blinking to a Stiletto that was thrown from a Holding attack, Keqing can leap across obstructing terrain.
- If Keqing uses a Charged Attack, she will ignite a series of thundering cuts at the Mark's location, dealing AoE Electro DMG.
- Keqing unleashes the power of lightning, dealing Electro DMG in an AoE.
- She then blends into the shadow of her blade, striking a series of thunderclap-blows to nearby enemies simultaneously that deal multiple instances of Electro DMG. The final attack deals massive AoE Electro DMG.
Thundering Penance (Ascension Lv. 1)
- Modifies Stellar Restoration.
- Within 5s of recasting Stellar Restoration while a Lightning Stiletto is present, Keqing's Normal and Charged Attacks are converted to Electro DMG.
Aristocratic Dignity (Ascension Lv. 4)
- When casting Starward Sword, Keqing's CRIT Rate is increased by 15%, and her Energy Recharge is increased by 15%. This effect lasts for 8s.
Land's Overseer (Automatically unlocked)
- When dispatched on an expedition in Liyue, time consumed is reduced by 25%.
Genshin Impact Keqing Constellations
Thundering Might (Lv. 1)
- Modifies Stellar Restoration.
- Recasting Stellar Restoration while a Lightning Stiletto is present causes Keqing to deal 50% of her ATK as AoE Electro DMG at the start point and terminus of her Blink.
Keen Extraction (Lv. 2)
- When Keqing's Normal and Charged Attack's hit enemies affected by Electro, they have a 50% chance of producing an Elemental Particle. This effect can only occur once every 5s.
Forseen Reformation (Lv. 3)
- Modifies Starward Sword.
- Increases the Level of Starward Sword by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
Attunement (Lv. 4)
- For 10s after Keqing triggers an Electro-related Elemental Reaction, her ATK is increased by 25%.
Beckoning Stars (Lv. 5)
- Modifies Stellar Restoration.
- Increase the Level of Stellar Restoration by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
Tenacious Star (Lv. 6)
- When initiating a Normal Attack, Charged Attack, Elemental Skill, or Elemental Burst, Keqing gains a 6% Electro DMG Bonus for 8s. Effects triggered by Normal Attacks, Charged Attacks, Elemental Skills, and Elemental Bursts are considered independent entities.
How to Get Keqing in Genshin Impact
Kequing Lore & Character Story
Rex Lapis has brought prosperity and plenty to Liyue Harbor, and his rule and majesty have long passed into show and song, much to the delight of the people. But for some proximity to a god, Keqing seems to lack the requisite respect the most.
"Hmph. Let's be real here, but does Morax really know everything?"
The Liyue Qixing deal with the day-to-day happenings in the Harbor, whether great or small, while Rex Lapis only descends once a year. While history has shown that following Morax's lead has been the right call, Keqing believes that humans should have their own pride, and that their views deserve equal importance.
As such, she often advocates different opinions from Rex Lapis, and is the first to put such views into practice. Her radical actions have seen stellar results, but they have also attracted murmurings of opprobrium among those devoted to Rex Lapis.
As Keqing sees it, such opposition are the excuses of those who have grown complacent under the aegis of their deity, and who cannot consider the future of humanity of their own accord. But someone must walk on the front line of the epoch and create a new path with their own hands — and the Yuheng star is determined to do her part in this endeavor.
Character Story 1
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 2)
Keqing is the daughter of an illustrious Liyue family with a proud lineage, and she is better acquainted than most with the influence that Rex Lapis has over the people of Liyue. Once every few years, in an almost cyclical fashion, a major reshuffle hits Liyue's economy after the Rite of Descension.
Once Rex Lapis' new policies are announced, some families celebrate while other grieve. The poor hope it will offer them the chance to finally make their fortunes while the wealthy pray that theirs will not be swept away in the changing tides.
Rather than carefully analyzing the economic climate, merchants are more prone to making investments based on belief. And in present-day Liyue, this is a forgivable strategy: Rex Lapis is a powerful deity and he can be relied on for all things.
But Keqing has her reservations about all this: What if, one day, Rex Lapis stops fulfilling his duty? Then what would become of the people of Liyue? Liyue's present prosperity is akin to a magnificent sandcastle on the beach — humanity does not have the luxury of deciding when the tide will come in.
However, Keqing has been unable to garner majority support for her views. From most people's perspective, life is but a brief insignificant moment in Liyue's long history, and there is no point in working oneself up into an existential quandary.
This perspective, as far as Keqing is concerned, is a lazy and cowardly one that denies there is any value at all in the existence of the human race. "If humans really have no value," Keqing retorts, "then why should we expect the gods to care about us so much?"
Unwilling to compromise on her beliefs, she cast her skepticism on everything — everything from Rex Lapis' loving-kindness, to the people's laziness, to the way that society runs. Issues affecting humans' fate should be handled by humans, and humans are more capable of handling them with finesse.
Finally, the day came of her now-famous speech at the Rite of Descension.
"Rex Lapis has watched over Liyue for a millennium. But what about the next millennium? What about the next ten, or the next hundred millennia? How long are we expecting this status quo to last?" On hearing these words, Rex Lapis burst into hearty laughter. But as for what exactly he was laughing about, only Rex Lapis himself knows.
Character Story 2
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 3)
Some may be able to keep up with Keqing's forward-thinking ideas, but none can keep up with her pace of work.
Perhaps in an effort to become a role model for her people, she demands of herself to work ten times harder than the average person, and she cannot abide by any measure of laziness or inefficiency.
Humans' abilities and lifespans are more limited than the gods'. This means that one has no hope of living to see the day when humans replace the gods as masters of our own universe if one allows apathy and hesitation to slow themselves down.
Because of this same mindset, she is never able to synchronize her work rhythm with the people around her. Whatever the task, she does not rest until the job is done, and when something should take half the month to resolve, she will pull out all the stops to try and get it turned around within the next 48 hours.
Additionally, Keqing's notion of "completing" something is far more ambitious than simply getting it "finished" — she will make sure that every relevant detail is tied up too. To the outside observer, she seems to be both highly efficient and a perfectionist.
But not everyone is as self-motivated as Keqing, No assistant she hires ever makes it past the three-month mark. She has received countless remonstrations urging her to be less impatient, but she meets each one with a stern rejection. Still, she has, to some extent, come around to the idea that high staff turnover is itself a manifestation of inefficiency, and made some concessions accordingly.
Today, if you encounter an assistant of Keqing's dealing with some matter three, four, or even five years ahead of time, don't be alarmed, this is completely normal. Keqing gave them a bit of a head start, but she'll be catching up before long.
Character Story 3
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
"Yesterday's experiences make me stronger today." This is one of the principles Keqing lives by.
Spending all of one's time at Yujing Terrace means seeing the same old things day after day. But to be able to think and act as swiftly as lightning, one needs a huge amount of experience to draw on.
So, if Keqing sees something that needs doing, why, she'll do it herself. For example, she once served for two months as a laborer to better decide how to refine a plan to improve their treatment.
It's hard to imagine that this young lady with so much authority vested in her has pulled carts at the Chasm, rammed earth at the south wharf, and waited tables at small diners.
In addition to working, she also once took the opportunity to gather evidence with which to report a powerful individual known for his abuses.
He was apprehended without any clue as to how he had been exposed, but when he was brought to the interrogation chamber by the Millelith, there he saw a striking young lady dressed in fine robes.
"Hey! Haven't we... haven't we met somewhere before?" The words felt foolish the moment they rolled off his tongue, even to him.
Especially because the Millelith then introduced her as follows: "This is the Yuheng of the Liyue Qixing. Know your place and keep your distance!"
Character Story 4
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 5)
Rex Lapis' departure has put Liyue Harbor through a great deal of hardship. All the duties Rex once fulfilled have been taken up by the Qixing and the Eight Trades.
Now that divine rule is a thing of the past, the old strictures left behind can't simply be continued wholesale. But to establish new laws for Liyue, whose history spans several thousand years, is no mean feat.
At first, Keqing was incredibly enthusiastic about this task, having long prepared for this day when she might finally show her mettle. But several months in, and she was still stuck on a single task, land infrastructure — and it was driving her up the wall.
No matter how hard she struggled, the mountain of tasks was like a quagmire. She was making a difference, yes, but not nearly with as much ease as Rex Lapis.
"Why can I only do this much? Why... can't I do it better?" Of course, she had long understood the wherefores here. Her lack of respect for the gods had somehow received their recognition all the same, yes, but that didn't mean that she was ready to simply replace them.
But she was still Keqing, resolute and tenacious. From that day on, she shut herself in, studying classics of various kinds to learn all that she needed. Placing herself lowest, she accepted all that she had hitherto not known with open arms.
During this period, she gained a certain calm, slowly discarding the "opprobrium" she had long held against Rex Lapis. They were both working for the good of Liyue, after all — and two people who love the same thing need not be on opposing sides.
She also seemingly came to an understanding concerning the smile Rex Lapis had given her during the Rite of Descension. It was, Keqing now believes, an expression of acknowledgement and expectation. She hasn't lost any of her forceful and decisive manner, no. But sometimes, when she feels lost, she will stop and think: "What would Rex Lapis do at a moment such as this?"
Character Story 5
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
Keqing, who has dedicated a large portion of her energies to Liyue Harbor, indulges in an unexpected pastime when she can spare a moment — shopping. On her off days, she changes into ordinary clothes, contacts a few close friends, and enjoys a day of strolling around Feiyun Slope and Chihu Rock, just enjoying the act of buying things.
After Rex Lapis' departure, Keqing managed to maintain this method of decompression despite her busier schedule, though with one subtle difference. On one of her shopping trips, she happened upon a small and unremarkable stall that sold cute Rex Lapis clay figurines with tiny bodies and big heads.
Persuading her friends to visit the silk store opposite, she approached the stall, took a figurine in her hand, and began to examine it. She knew that she didn't have much time. So, after glancing around to make sure that no one was watching, she paid for, picked up, and packed away her prize in one swift single movement.
But no sooner had she placed the figurine into her bag and heaved a sigh of relief than one of her friends, silk bundles in tow, tapped her on the shoulder. In the end, all was revealed. Her friends were quite curious: Wasn't Keqing a skeptic among skeptics? Why would she buy one of these?
"For... For introspection, of course! There's nothing wrong with self-reflection, is there?" So she said, and it would be convincing, too — if Keqing didn't already have an entire shelf dedicated to Rex Lapis self-reflection memorabilia...
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
Though she is of noble birth, Keqing tries to keep her luxuries to the bare minimum that would befit her position as one of the Liyue Qixing.
And when she is outside the borders of the prosperous city, she will often head deep into uninhabited areas to strengthen her knowledge and sharpen her will.
She has experienced countless challenges, but unlike backpackers and adventurers, she does not bring anything with but her hairpin and her sword. As long as it is infused with Electro, a hairpin can become a knife with unmatched sharpness.
Cutting grass, chopping firewood, skinning game and carving bone are all well within its capabilities.
If faced with a drop of great height, she only needs to pin it into the ground, tie rattans to it, and rappel down.
It also serves as an incredibly sensitive security device when camping out. Any unusual movements nearby will cause it, when tipped over and placed perpendicular to the ground, to alert and awaken Keqing immediately.
It can be used to fish: Keqing just hurls it into the water when she's feeling peckish, and there will always be a few fish that will get knocked out by the electric shock — and of course, finding a stick to grill the fish on is not a problem either.
Some narrow-minded folk have ridiculed Keqing's hairpin for being old and worn, but this does not anger her. Indeed, she considers it a point of pride. "Its weathered form is what gives it its charm."
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
Keqing is likely a skeptic without equal when it comes to the value of Visions.
She knows that everything she has is the result of her own hard work, but that in the eyes of others, credit has been given instead to her Vision. She once believed that this purple crystal had stolen the pride due originally to her, and that it was both a challenge and an insult from the gods.
In fact, she has tried to destroy her Vision countless times — she's left it in a huge fire for three days and three nights, run over it with a minecart full of rocks, and has even hurled it from the heights of the Jade Chamber.
Unfortunately, she has never been successful. With no options left, and not wanting it to fall into the wrong hands, Keqing was forced to accept the Vision as part of her life.
With the passage of time, Keqing came to appreciate the Vision. She realized that this item did not actually have any divine will imbued within it, and indeed had numerous practical uses, and as such chose to use it.
"The source of power is far less important than the character of its user."
Regardless of how she may once have regarded it, Keqing's Vision and its powers have become a part of her. Thank the Archons she hadn't destroyed it back then, or she'd have regretted it for sure — oh, the hardships of being a pragmatist.
Keqing Notes & Tips
- Other notes, tips, and trivia go here.
|Genshin Impact Playable Characters|
Albedo ♦ Aloy ♦ Amber ♦ Arataki Itto ♦ Barbara ♦ Beidou ♦ Bennett ♦ Candace ♦ Chongyun ♦ Collei ♦ Cyno ♦ Diluc ♦ Diona ♦ Dori ♦ Eula ♦ Faruzan ♦ Fischl ♦ Ganyu ♦ Gorou ♦ Hu Tao ♦ Jean ♦ Kaedehara Kazuha ♦ Kaeya ♦ Kamisato Ayaka ♦ Kamisato Ayato ♦ Klee ♦ Kujou Sara ♦ Kuki Shinobu ♦ Layla ♦ Lisa ♦ Mona ♦ Nahida ♦ Nilou ♦ Ningguang ♦ Noelle ♦ Qiqi ♦ Raiden Shogun ♦ Razor ♦ Rosaria ♦ Sangonomiya Kokomi ♦ Sayu ♦ Shenhe ♦ Shikanoin Heizou ♦ Sucrose ♦ Tartaglia ♦ Thoma ♦ Tighnari ♦ Traveler ♦ Venti ♦ Wanderer ♦ Xiangling ♦ Xiao ♦ Xingqiu ♦ Xinyan ♦ Yae Miko ♦ Yanfei ♦ Yelan ♦ Yoimiya ♦ Yun Jin ♦ Zhongli