Rosaria is a Playable Character in Genshin Impact. These playable characters are the various roles that a player can add to their party and take control of in Genshin Impact. Each character in the game is unique from one another, they are different when it comes to the element they harness, the weapon that they use, their appearance, stats, strengths, weaknesses, and many more.
Rosaria, a sister in Mondstadt's Church of Favonius. A sister of the church, though you wouldn't know it if it weren't for her attire. An unusual woman with sharp, piercing words and a cold manner. Her movements are unpredictable. She often leaves without notifying anyone. She acts with some kind of purpose, but others don't seem to know exactly what she stands for...
Genshin Impact Rosaria Information
- Role: DPS
- Vision: Cryo
- Constellation: Spinea Corona
- Main Weapon: Polearms
- Elemental Burst: Rites of Termination
- Elemental Burst Effect: Rosaria's unique take on this prayer ritual: First, she swings her weapon to slash surrounding opponents; then, she summons a frigid Ice Lance that strikes the ground.
- Character Passive Talent: Night Walk
- Passive Talent Effect: At night (18:00 – 6:00), increases the Movement SPD of your own party members by 10%.
- Specialty Dish: Dinner of Judgment - Restores 30% of Max HP and an additional 1,750 HP to the selected character.
Genshin Impact Rosaria Alternate Outfit
Outfits for Genshin Impact are an equipment category of the game that are usually featured in special events or purchased via the Character Outfit Shop. These change the appearance of a Playable Character that can be previewed and worn in the Dressing Room. Outfits are purely cosmetic, and add no real stats or strength to any character that has them equipped, meaning they are not helpful in progressing the game.
- To the Church's Free Spirit: Rosaria's outfit. This seems to have been custom-made for her by the Church.
Genshin Impact Rosaria Guides and Builds
- Rosaria Strengths: Talents provide consistent Cryo DMG and CRIT Rate
- Rosaria Weakness: Her Elemental Skills do not work against boss type enemies. She is unable to teleport behind these large enemies and bosses.
- Rosaria Combat: Her abilies is designed to give allies and her team extra Crit Rate
Best Rosaria Items
- Kitain Cross Spear: a craftable Polearm, you get its schematic from a quest in the Inazuma region. It has a high base attack (up to 565) and Elemental Mastery sub stat. Then has a passive that helps generate some energy back for the wielder. Overall a good starting weapon for free to play players.
- The Catch: another free weapon any player can acquire through fishing, and exchanging the fish for the weapon from a certain NPC in Inazuma. The weapon offers an Energy Recharge sub stat, and a passive that gives 32% Elemental Burst multiplier and 12% CRIT Rate.
- Dragon’s Bane: It has a lower base attack than Kitain, a higher EM stat, and a good damage multiplier against enemies affected by Hydro or Pyro. This multiplier starts at 20% at R1 and goes up to 36% at R5. Considering Rosaria can Melt all hits of her Elemental Burst, it’s a very good weapon for this build.
- Frozen Homeland's Demise: Specific to the Cryo elemental Skills, when a character attacks an opponent affected by Cryo, their CRIT Rate is increased by 20%. If the opponent is Frozen, CRIT Rate is increased by an additional 20%.
Genshin Impact Rosaria Build
We can give both Kaeya and Rosaria an identical build, however, in a Reverse Melt setup, Rosaria will be the one melting every hit, while Kaeya only melts a portion of his damage. So I consider Rosaria the main damage dealer, and focus to build her first and foremost.
Rosaria is a very powerful character that only needs a simple build. Her energy cost is 60, and with a second Cryo teammate, she doesn’t need much Energy Recharge. So we setup her build with a pure damage stat, such as Elemental Mastery on Sands, Cryo Damage on Goblet, and Crit Rate or Crit Damage on Circlet.
Bennett provides a massive Attack Buff to the entire team, while we don’t have any EM sharing buff on the team, so this means Rosaria needs EM more than % Attack on sands. Even if you use a strong EM weapon such as Dragon’s Bane, you could still use EM Sands, as long as EM doesn’t go over 500.
For sub stats, we can utilize all offensive stats of % Attack, EM, Crit Rate, and Crit Damage. Then some Energy Recharge would be welcome as well. % HP will only be beneficial if you use Staff of Homa as a weapon.
If you build Rosaria as the main Melt damage dealer, you want to maintain a 1:2 Crit Rate: Crit DMG ratio for maximum damage. Rosaria has a passive that grants her 12% extra Crit Rate upon landing an Elemental Skill on the backside of the enemy. Some enemy bosses have no obvious backside, and Rosaria can’t go through all large enemies, making this buff situational. So for the sake of balancing the 1:2 ratio, don’t take this buff into consideration. If she lands it, it’s a nice additional Crit Chance, but we don’t rely on it solely.
To Read more about this build, check the Kaeya & Rosaria Reverse Melt Build.
Genshin Impact Rosaria Talents
- Normal Attack: Performs up to five consecutive spear strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to lunge forward, dealing damage to opponents along the way.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
- Rosaria swiftly shifts her position to appear behind her opponent, then stabs and slashes them with her polearm, dealing Cryo DMG.
- This ability cannot be used to travel behind opponents of a larger build.
- Rosaria's unique take on this prayer ritual: First, she swings her weapon to slash surrounding opponents; then, she summons a frigid Ice Lance that strikes the ground. Both actions deal Cryo DMG.
- While active, the Ice Lance periodically releases a blast of cold air, dealing Cryo DMG to surrounding opponents.
Regina Probationum (1st Ascension Passive)
- When Rosaria strikes an opponent from behind using Ravaging Confession, Rosaria's CRIT Rate increases by 12% for 5s.
Shadow Samaritan (4th Ascension Passive)
- Casting Rites of Termination increases CRIT Rate of all nearby party members (except Rosaria herself) by 15% of Rosaria's CRIT Rate for 10s.
- CRIT Rate Bonus gained this way cannot exceed 15%.
Night Walk (Unlocked Automatically)
- At night (18:00 – 6:00), increases the Movement SPD of your own party members by 10%.
- Does not take effect in Domains, Trounce Domains, or Spiral Abyss. Not stackable with Passive Talents that provide the same effects.
Genshin Impact Rosaria Constellations
Unholy Revelation (Lvl. 1)
- When Rosaria deals a CRIT Hit, her ATK SPD increases by 10% and her Normal Attack DMG increases by 10% for 4s.
Land Without Promise (Lvl. 2)
- The duration of the Ice Lance created by Rites of Termination is increased by 4s.
The Wages of Sin (Lvl. 3)
- Increases the Level of Ravaging Confession by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Painful Grace (Lvl. 4)
- Ravaging Confession's CRIT Hits regenerate 5 Energy for Rosaria.
- Can only be triggered once each time Ravaging Confession is cast.
Last Rites (Lvl. 5)
- Increases the Level of Rites of Termination by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Divine Retribution (Lvl. 6)
- Rites of Termination's attack decreases opponents' Physical RES by 20% for 10s.
How to Get Rosaria in Genshin Impact
Rosaria Lore & Character Story
Rosaria is one of the sisters of Mondstadt's Church of Favonius.
Though she is just as much a woman of the cloth as the likes of Barbara and Jilliana, people tend to make a mental distinction between Rosaria and other members of the clergy. While she might dress the part — at least, to a certain extent — her speech and actions do not reflect her office in the slightest.
Furthermore, she displays even less reverence towards the gods than the ordinary citizens, and she routinely skips her various church engagements. She comes, goes, and acts in solitude, and if she were ever to make an appearance in the Cathedral, it would be to smoke in the rearmost pew.
Such a lone wolf is Rosaria that perhaps she should be considered a clergywoman in name only.
Character Story 1
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 2)
If Rosaria has been lectured once, she has been lectured a thousand times before concerning her unorthodox behavior.
For some reason, however, she has never faced any serious consequences for her transgressions. She does not work together with her church colleagues and only rarely shows up to celebratory events in the city.
The strange and mysterious Rosaria moves about almost like a wisp of black smoke — blink, and you'll miss her as she disappears into thin air. Her social interactions are never more than superficial, and the rest of the time she keeps herself to herself.
However, Sister Victoria would say that the ever good-natured Barbara is one person who has always made the effort to get close to Rosaria.
"Please don't smoke in the Cathedral..." "Could you try to attend the ceremony on time next time...?"
"And... Hey, come back, I'm still talking to you!"
Barbara is forever anxiously chasing after Rosaria, urging her to complete her various daily tasks. Yet even when faced with Barbara, the beloved idol of Mondstadt, Rosaria remains completely unmoved. Surely her heart can't be completely made of stone?
Character Story 2
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 3)
Rosaria's movements are unpredictable. She often leaves without notifying anyone and can be gone for up to several days on end. During these times, none of her church colleagues know where to find her.
One of the sisters who took it upon herself to observe Rosaria once groused that "even a stray cat should at least give you notice before running off..." Rosaria uses these disappearances to do work that only she can do in corners unseen by others.
An unfamiliar merchant, a suspicious traveler — are these people threats to Mondstadt? She investigates, shadows, and if necessary, interrogates.
If they must disappear, then Rosaria shall be the last person they meet. Such dark work, which cannot see the light of day, is to be done by her hand alone.
She always sets out after the sun has set, finishing her work in one fell swoop. Sometimes, if she makes it back by the crack of dawn, she gets to usher in the day ahead with a glass of breakfast wine. The people of Mondstadt live in the golden sunlight, but Rosaria dwells under the silver moonlight.
It is a cold, piercing light... just like that of the ice she forms with her Cryo abilities. "There are some things that young people need not know," Rosaria thinks.
Though, in her eyes, "young people" means all citizens of Mondstadt who live in the light of the sun, regardless of their age.
Character Story 3
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
Like a puff of smoke, the lackadaisical Rosaria is impossible to pin down.
Nevertheless, once she takes on a job, she can be relied on to handle it with the utmost professionalism. "Lazy" is the last word that anyone would use to describe her ruthless interrogations of suspicious individuals.
She also possesses exceptional strength and knows the weaknesses of the human body like the back of her hand — and has no reservations about using this knowledge to kill. People know her as the lazy, chain-smoking sister, but behind the scenes, she is a formidable purveyor of justice.
A strange fate for one who ostensibly basks in the light of the gods. What led her to become a blood-soaked slayer? Why does she stay silent while others praise the gods for their protection?
Perhaps it should come as no surprise that Rosaria was not born and bred in Mondstadt.
"A city that is fortunate enough to be boring always needs someone to do the dirty work..."
Rosaria stubs her cigarette out as she speaks in her characteristically languid manner.
"And as far as I'm concerned, the things I deal with are far simpler than living the life of a traditional sister."
Character Story 4
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 5)
Rosaria may not be one to attend prayer meetings, but that does not mean she doesn't have her own theological viewpoints. In her view, freedom is the spiritual pillar of Mondstadt's people, and it is the very thing that caused her to end up here in the first place.
Rosaria was born in a remote mountain village, but was taken from her home shortly after birth by the very same bandits who drenched it in blood.
Raised by those crooks, she learned how to fight, sometimes thieving, other times doing odd jobs for the crew.
She was their servant, but also their tool, a crook, yet still a child. She fought against outsiders and her comrades alike, and growing up was a constant battle for survival against the hunger and cold. Rosaria's youth was just like Mondstadt's sunset — blood-red from horizon to horizon, and so fleeting that night had fallen before she'd had the chance to stop and take in the view.
Ultimately, the bandit crew was wiped out by the Knights of Favonius. As their youngest member, Rosaria was judged to have a chance of rehabilitation.
Grand Master Varka brought her to Mondstadt. Sincerely hoping that she might someday fit in here, he advised her:
"Go to the Cathedral and be cleansed by the light of our archon. You still have the chance to turn your fate around and live a normal life."
But Varka had not counted on Rosaria constantly skipping classes and dodging hymnal. She would rather hunt in the wild than settle into a life of dutiful service as a sister.
As far as she was concerned, the golden sunlight was not so much cleansing as blinding.
For Rosaria had long since come to understand that she was a child of the moonlight, and it was inevitable that she would someday return to the embrace of darkness.
Character Story 5
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
Rosaria, the Church's number one truant, became infamous for her absence very early on.
"Miss Rosaria, please, show a little more circumspection in your actions! You are a member of the Church. How is it appropriate that you simply never turn up for hymn practice?"
"Please calm down, Sister Ophila. Miss Rosaria, I'm told that you have never attended a single one of your compulsory classes. Is that so?"
"Mother Maria, please look at this... Rosaria's theological essay is an utter mess!"
"Miss Rosaria, if I may ask frankly... do you intend to do any work at all here at the Church?"
"No. I've already found other work."
Rosaria never showed so much as a hint of anxiety in any of these exchanges. What's more, it was true — she had indeed found other work for herself, and much darker work at that. The unexpected twist was that she would ultimately end up doing this work under the aegis of the Church.
Rosaria the novice did not leave the clergy, but instead became Sister Rosaria without much incident. Nevertheless, when she's not on a mission, she does everything she can to avoid attending church activities, instead heading to the taverns to drink or scaling the city walls to view the scenery.
And when she simply cannot escape a church engagement, you can be sure that she will be the first to leave. The instant the workday is done, Rosaria vanishes. Whether by bright day or dark night, there is one principle that she will never transgress: no overtime.
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
A journal with a white cover. The words "Church of Favonius" are inscribed on the cover.
The handwriting is beautiful, but the content is the most of the most banal variety imaginable.
"Dandelion Wine — now eighty percent off!"
"Fisherman's Toast — an incredible flavor at an unbelievable price!"
"Crazy discounts on Wheat — ask at the counter and we'll grind it into Flour for you."
"Buy three Tomatoes and get one free!"
"Fresh Small Lamp Grass! Use it to light up your bathroom! Come on, Sir, have a look!"
There is something incongruous about a random assortment of marketplace cries and advertising slogans having been penned by such a graceful and elegant hand. This journal is a relic from Rosaria's novice days. Clearly, she must have skipped class and headed to the rooftops on the merchant street, bathing in the sun, listening to the eclectic cries of the street vendors, and committing them to paper.
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
Rosaria's Vision came to her on a particularly frigid night.
Things were getting desperate for the bandit gang — people were starving and the food supplies were dwindling.
Never able to eat her fill, Rosaria was driven by hunger to flee into the freezing wind rather than continue another second with the hard labor she was forced to endure. One of the elders of the gang pursued her and brought her back.
He was the very person who had taken her from the village of her birth, and the one who had taught her how to kill.
"Fleeing makes you a traitor, and traitors can only earn their freedom through victory in combat." The old bandit tossed Rosaria an old dagger.
"Well, come on then! Kill me, and you can leave this place. I'm long in the tooth now, while you've got youth on your side. You can do this, can't ya?"
No one thought that she would be able to kill him — and yet, the old lion would indeed fall by the newborn cub's claws.
Thus did the bandits lose an old member and welcome a new one that very night. The bandits were reluctant to accept Rosaria at first since she had slain one of their own, but they quickly had a change of heart after seeing the Vision in her hand.
Surely, a Vision wielder had to be far stronger than some old coot who was about to kick the bucket right? And she ate less, to boot... They could save some food this way. Meanwhile, a question crept into Rosaria's frozen heart:
Did he let me replace him on purpose? ...Could a false father have harbored genuine affection for a child he stole so arbitrarily?
Rosaria Notes & Tips
- Other notes, tips, and trivia go here.
|Genshin Impact Playable Characters|
Albedo ♦ Aloy ♦ Amber ♦ Arataki Itto ♦ Barbara ♦ Beidou ♦ Bennett ♦ Chongyun ♦ Collei ♦ Diluc ♦ Diona ♦ Dori ♦ Eula ♦ Fischl ♦ Ganyu ♦ Gorou ♦ Hu Tao ♦ Jean ♦ Kaedehara Kazuha ♦ Kaeya ♦ Kamisato Ayaka ♦ Kamisato Ayato ♦ Keqing ♦ Klee ♦ Kujou Sara ♦ Kuki Shinobu ♦ Lisa ♦ Mona ♦ Ningguang ♦ Noelle ♦ Qiqi ♦ Raiden Shogun ♦ Razor ♦ Sangonomiya Kokomi ♦ Sayu ♦ Shenhe ♦ Shikanoin Heizou ♦ Sucrose ♦ Tartaglia ♦ Thoma ♦ Tighnari ♦ Traveler ♦ Venti ♦ Xiangling ♦ Xiao ♦ Xingqiu ♦ Xinyan ♦ Yae Miko ♦ Yanfei ♦ Yelan ♦ Yoimiya ♦ Yun Jin ♦ Zhongli