Sangonomiya Kokomi is a Playable Character in Genshin Impact. These playable characters are the various roles that a player can add to their party and take control of in Genshin Impact. Each character in the game is unique from one another, they are different when it comes to the element they harness, the weapon that they use, their appearance, stats, strengths, weaknesses, and many more.
Kokomi is the Divine Priestess of Watatsumi Island, and also serves as its supreme leader. She is well-versed in the art of war, is good at strategizing, and has keen insights into military affairs. She is also adept at handling domestic affairs, diplomacy, and other matters. Still, this unfathomable leader has a mysterious side to her...
Genshin Impact Sangonomiya Kokomi Information
- Role: Support
- Vision: Hydro
- Constellation: Dracaena Somnolenta
- Main Weapon: Catalysts
- Elemental Burst: Nereid's Ascension
- Elemental Burst Effect: Summons the might of Watatsumi, dealing Hydro DMG to surrounding opponents, before robing Kokomi in a Ceremonial Garment made from the flowing waters of Sangonomiya.
- Character Passive Talent: Princess of Watatsumi
- Passive Talent Effect: Decreases swimming Stamina consumption for your own party members by 20%.
- Specialty Dish: A Stunning Stratagem - Restores 16% of Max HP and an additional 1,350 HP to the selected character.
Genshin Impact Sangonomiya Kokomi Guides and Builds
- Sangonomiya Kokomi Strength: Can heal while dealing DMG.
- Sangonomiya Kokomi Weaknesses: Her main combat talent is to summon a bake kurage, but this summon will remain stationary. Characters must stay close to it to reap its benefits. Scaling for this ability is also found to be quite low.
- Sangonomiya Kokomi Combat: Kokomi's abilities are versatile enough to be used as a support or one of main damage characters of a party. With hydro elemental, it has the potential to freeze enemies when paired with characters with Cryo.
Sangonomiya Kokomi Best Items
- Everlasting Moonglow: Healing Bonus increased by 10%, Normal Attack DMG is increased by 1% of the Max HP of the character equipping this weapon. For 12s after using an Elemental Burst, Normal Attacks that hit opponents will restore 0.6 Energy. Energy can be restored this way once every 0.1s.
- Prototype Amber: Using an Elemental Burst regenerates 4 Energy every 2s for 6s. All party members will regenerate 4% HP every 2s for this duration.
- Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers: Gives HP percentage and is a F2P weapon. When switching characters, the new character taking the field has their ATK increased by 24% for 10s. This effect can only occur once every 20s.
- Heart of Depth: 2-piece effect: Hydro DMG Bonus +15%, 4-piece effect: After using an Elemental Skill, increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG by 30% for 15s.
- Tenacity of the Millelith: 2-piece effect: HP +20% When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the ATK of all nearby party members is increased by 20% and their Shield Strength is increased by 30% for 3s. This effect can be triggered once every 0.5s. This effect can still be triggered even when the character who is using this artifact set is not on the field.
Genshin Impact Sangonomiya Kokomi Talents
- Normal Attack: Performs up to 3 consecutive attacks that take the form of swimming fish, dealing Hydro DMG.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to deal AoE Hydro DMG after a short casting time.
- Plunging Attack: Gathering the might of Hydro, Kokomi plunges towards the ground from mid-air, damaging all opponents in her path. Deals AoE Hydro DMG upon impact with the ground.
- Summons a "Bake-Kurage" created from water that can heal her allies.
- Using this skill will apply the Wet status to Sangonomiya Kokomi.
- Summons the might of Watatsumi, dealing Hydro DMG to surrounding opponents, before robing Kokomi in a Ceremonial Garment made from the flowing waters of Sangonomiya.
- Ceremonial Garment Effects:
- Sangonomiya Kokomi's Normal Attack, Charged Attack and Bake-Kurage DMG are increased based on her Max HP.
- When her Normal and Charged Attacks hit opponents, Kokomi will restore HP for all nearby party members, and the amount restored is based on her Max HP.
- Increases Sangonomiya Kokomi's resistance to interruption and allows her to walk on the water's surface.
Tamanooya's Casket (1st Ascension Passive)
- If Sangonomiya Kokomi's own Bake-Kurage are on the field when she uses Nereid's Ascension, the Bake-Kurage's duration will be refreshed.
Song of Pearls (4th Ascension Passive)
- While donning the Ceremonial Garment created by Nereid's Ascension, the Normal and Charged Attack DMG Bonus Sangonomiya Kokomi gains based on her Max HP will receive a further increase based on 15% of her Healing Bonus.
- Sangonomiya Kokomi has a 25% Healing Bonus, but a 100% decrease in CRIT Rate.
- Decreases swimming Stamina consumption for your own party members by 20%.
- Not stackable with Passive Talents that provide the exact same effects.
Genshin Impact Sangonomiya Kokomi Constellations
At Water's Edge (Lvl. 1)
- While donning the Ceremonial Garment created by Nereid's Ascension, the final Normal Attack in Sangonomiya Kokomi's combo will unleash a swimming fish to deal 30% of her Max HP as Hydro DMG.
- This DMG is not considered Normal Attack DMG.
The Clouds Like Waves Rippling (Lvl. 2)
- Sangonomiya Kokomi gains the following Healing Bonuses with regard to characters with 50% or less HP via the following methods:
- Kurage's Oath Bake-Kurage: 4.5% of Kokomi's Max HP.
- Nereid's Ascension Normal and Charged Attacks: 0.6% of Kokomi's Max HP.
The Moon, A Ship O'er the Seas (Lvl. 3)
- Increases the Level of Nereid's Ascension by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
The Moon Overlooks the Waters (Lvl. 4)
- While donning the Ceremonial Garment created by Nereid's Ascension, Sangonomiya Kokomi's Normal Attack SPD is increased by 10%, and Normal Attacks that hit opponents will restore 0.8 Energy for her.
- This effect can occur once every 0.2s.
All Streams Flow to the Sea (Lvl. 5)
- Increases the Level of Kurage's Oath by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Sango Isshin (Lvl. 6)
- While donning the Ceremonial Garment created by Nereid's Ascension, Sangonomiya Kokomi gains a 40% Hydro DMG Bonus for 4s after her Normal and Charged Attacks heal a character with 80% or more HP.
How to Get Sangonomiya Kokomi in Genshin Impact
Sangonomiya Kokomi Lore & Character Story
The inhabitants of Watatsumi Island once lived in Enkanomiya, at the bottom of the sea.
It was only by the grace of the god Orobaxi bringing them up to the surface that the civilization of Watatsumi Island exists today.
When Orobaxi was slain by the Electro Archon, its body was left as a skeleton and its resentment permeated the land, giving rise to Tatarigami.
Yet its desire to protect Watatsumi Island never faded. This will lives on in the bloodline of the Sangonomiya Clan, and follows them from generation to generation.
The current heir to this bloodline is known as the Divine Priestess.
The meaning behind this is as such: to inherit the will of a god in a mortal's body, and to defend this land and its people in that god's stead.
Character Story 1
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 2)
The day the Kokomi ascended to the role of Divine Priestess, countless inhabitants of Watatsumi Island came to Sangonomiya Shrine of their own accord to see her.
Surprise, suspicion, confusion, chuckles... Their expressions were strange, all on account of her overly-young appearance in her eyes.
Plots were hatched and questions were endless. The ambitious planned to make their move. The storm was approaching, and all was not at peace on Watatsumi Island.
Yet all went back to business as usual not long after Kokomi ascended to her position.
She was fair in distributing rewards and punishments alike, appreciated the contributions of the people, and was militarily skilled. Her many abilities quickly won the hearts of most of the people.
"Things will be alright as long as Her Excellency is here" soon became the most widespread saying on the island.
Character Story 2
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 3)
There are many factors involved in deciding victory or defeat.
Terrain, weather, differences in military strength and equipment quality... All of these require careful consideration.
Those who study the details too closely tend to miss changes on the field, and most who speak of strategy speak of it in a vacuum.
Only those who can grasp both the big picture and the small details can create miracles on the battlefield.
And behind all this lies countless hours of hard work delving into the reasons behind one's failures.
Few if any ever persevere to the end, but Kokomi was not only good at this but also possessed a unique tactical style.
"Manipulate the larger strategic situation to force the other side to give up, and to win wars with the least amount of cost possible."
Character Story 3
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
Whether on the battlefield or off it, Kokomi tries to "know thy enemy" as much as possible.
She tends to predict all possible scenarios beforehand and devise strategies to address them, which are then delivered as directives to those who enforce her will.
This has given rise to the issue of some of these directives being rather thick and heavy, but this method has guaranteed the stable development of Watatsumi Island.
Today, Watatsumi Island moves each day towards greater prosperity, and as more talented people have been appointed to office, the directives that Kokomi has to deliver have decreased.
As far as she is concerned, that is something worth celebrating.
Character Story 4
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 5)
When Kokomi has the time to spare, she will go on walks on Watatsumi Island alone.
She often tries to avoid crowds, pacing slowly through the violet forests, sometimes sitting by the seaside and looking out into the distance.
The sun and the moon rise over the sea, the stars shine in their skies, and the sound of the waves is pleasing to the ear, relaxing the soul.
Sometimes she will even place a seashell on her head, only to put it back where she found it when she leaves.
In her mind, perhaps some wandering grab will burrow its way inside and call this shell home.
Sometimes, Kokomi will also go diving, enjoying the calm atmosphere by herself, her worries sinking into the ocean depths as schools of fish swim all around her.
Kokomi treasures every sight there is to be seen on Watatsumi Island, and she remembers the name of every person.
Sadly, while scenery remains, peoples' hearts are complex and changeable.
Victory is simple enough to attain compared to the mammoth task of making sure that everyone lives happily.
This dilemma has always troubled her.
Character Story 5
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
Kokomi has been well-read since she was young, and has a particular love for military treatises.
As such, Kokomi has a broad store of knowledge to be used in every field.
But another result of her constantly being buried in such treatises of war and illustrated military texts is that Kokomi lacks skill in social interaction. She does not know when it started, but interacting with people eventually became tiresome to her.
Having ascended to the role of Divine Priestess, Kokomi had no choice but to learn many things that she wasn't any good at before, whether it was dealing with people or performing duties that she had little interest in.
However, forcing herself to do things she holds little love for is a serious drain on her energy reserves, leaving her feeling quite exhausted.
As such, Kokomi set up an "energy" system of measurement for herself. When she does things she enjoys, her energy levels will increase, and the reverse is true when she trudges through unenjoyable slogs.
When she runs out of this energy, Kokomi will temporarily put her duties as the Divine Priestess aside and resume being an ordinary homebody.
Engrossing herself in the close reading of a book on military strategy, walling herself off from the rest of the world — thus does Kokomi reclaim a temporary respite from her busy existence.
These moments are of utmost value to her.
(Complete Warriors' Dreams Like Spring Grass Renewing)
"As the ruler is, so shall the people be."
This precept was something Kokomi heard from her mother a long time ago.
The Divine Priestess' role is one of utmost importance to Watatsumi Island, and its people's eyes are always upon her every move.
The things she loves will be in fashion, and the things she dislikes, the people will also distance themselves from.
Kokomi, in truth, has no wish to affect the peoples' lives, and as such has rarely ever revealed much of her personal likes or dislikes.
She treats all things with an egalitarian manner, and holds "fairness of judgment" and "justice in dispensing rewards and punishment" to be her guiding principles.
However, these are not necessarily her true feelings, and so she prepared a book of secret notes for herself.
Here, she records the fluctuations in both her energy levels and mood.
When the night deepens and the world falls silent, Kokomi will open this book and write the day's experiences, whether they be joyous, sad, or frustrating.
...Of course, this object is for her eyes only — and so it must remain.
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
A leader with a strong will can lead those around them in a clear direction.
However, Kokomi lacks such strong ideals. Instead, she respects the will of the people and wishes that they can each find their own way.
Just as the vast ocean can accommodate countless souls and their individual desires, so does Kokomi wish her rule could be.
When the Vision Hunt Decree came about, the resentment of the people turned into cries of revolt, and so Kokomi led them in raising the banner of resistance.
And once the war was over, the hearts of the people turned towards peace and stability, and so did Kokomi direct her energies towards governance and economics.
But what was the source of this toil? Was this the role of the Divine Priestess speaking? Or was this a product of her own sense of duty? Or perhaps... it was a bit of both?
As the Divine Priestess, Kokomi naturally has her own Vision. And ever since the day she looked out at the sea outside Sangonomiya Shrine, her wish has never once changed—
"I wish to protect all of Watatsumi Island and allow its people to lead happy lives."
Sangonomiya Kokomi Notes & Tips
- Other notes, tips, and trivia go here.
|Genshin Impact Playable Characters|
Albedo ♦ Aloy ♦ Amber ♦ Arataki Itto ♦ Barbara ♦ Beidou ♦ Bennett ♦ Chongyun ♦ Collei ♦ Diluc ♦ Diona ♦ Dori ♦ Eula ♦ Fischl ♦ Ganyu ♦ Gorou ♦ Hu Tao ♦ Jean ♦ Kaedehara Kazuha ♦ Kaeya ♦ Kamisato Ayaka ♦ Kamisato Ayato ♦ Keqing ♦ Klee ♦ Kujou Sara ♦ Kuki Shinobu ♦ Lisa ♦ Mona ♦ Ningguang ♦ Noelle ♦ Qiqi ♦ Raiden Shogun ♦ Razor ♦ Rosaria ♦ Sayu ♦ Shenhe ♦ Shikanoin Heizou ♦ Sucrose ♦ Tartaglia ♦ Thoma ♦ Tighnari ♦ Traveler ♦ Venti ♦ Xiangling ♦ Xiao ♦ Xingqiu ♦ Xinyan ♦ Yae Miko ♦ Yanfei ♦ Yelan ♦ Yoimiya ♦ Yun Jin ♦ Zhongli