Sayu is a Playable Character in Genshin Impact. These playable characters are the various roles that a player can add to their party and take control of in Genshin Impact. Each character in the game is unique from one another, they are different when it comes to the element they harness, the weapon that they use, their appearance, stats, strengths, weaknesses, and many more.
Sayu, Shuumatsuban's resident ninja, is obsessed with sleeping and growing taller. She has mastered all kinds of ninjutsu to run away and hide in pursuit of opportunities to laze around and sleep. Such an extraordinary skillset may have very unexpected uses.
Genshin Impact Sayu Information
- Role: DPS
- Vision: Anemo
- Constellation: Nyctereutes Minor
- Main Weapon: Claymores & Clubs
- Elemental Burst: Yoohoo Art: Mujina Flurry
- Elemental Burst Effect: The other super special technique of the Yoohoo Ninja Arts! It summons a pair of helping hands for Sayu. Deals Anemo DMG to nearby opponents and heals all nearby party members. The amount of HP restored is based on Sayu's ATK. This skill then summons a Muji-Muji Daruma.
- Character Passive Talent: Yoohoo Art: Silencer's Secret
- Passive Talent Effect: When Sayu is in the party, your characters will not startle Crystalflies and certain other animals when getting near them.
- Specialty Dish: Dizziness-Be-Gone no Jutsu Version 2.0 - Restores 26% of Max HP to the selected character and regenerates 570 HP every 5s for 30s.
Genshin Impact Sayu Guide and Builds
- Sayu Strength: Elemental Burst can deal DMG and heal, scaling off ATK
- Sayu Weaknesses: In her dash state, players may find difficulty controlling her abilities after activating her elemental skill.
- Sayu Combat: Her normal attack can deal up to 4 strikes and deals Physical DMG. Holding her attack will spend stamina. Releasing this attack will end the sequence with one last powerful blow. This can knockback small enemies in range. She also heals off of attack percent and elemental mastery with her burst. This scales off of attack, so when creating a build, looking for items with a high attack or with attack increase will be beneficial to Sayu. A passive will also heal everytime Sayu swirls. Since there are multiple ways to heal and activate her abilities, it gives players flexibility when creating her build. Players can take now take note of Elemental Mastery and ATK when choosing items. Some players have recommended also looking for weapons that have an energy recharge.
Sayu Best Items
- Wolf's Gravestone: Increases ATK by 20%. On hit, attacks against enemies with less than 30% HP increases all party members' ATK by 40% for 12s. Can only occur once every 30s
- Skyward Pride: Energy Recharge, Increases all DMG by 8%. After using an Elemental Burst, Normal, or Charged Attack, on hit, creates a vacuum blade that does 80% of ATK as DMG to enemies along its path. Lasts for 20s or 8 vacuum blades.
- Katsuragikiri Nagamasa: Energy Recharge, Increases Elemental Skill DMG by 6%. After Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the character loses 3 Energy but regenerates 3 Energy every 2s for the next 6s. This effect can occur once every 10s. Can be triggered even when the character is not on the field.
- Viridescent Venerer: Anemo DMG Bonus +15%
, Increases Swirl DMG by 60%. Decreases opponent's Elemental RES to the element infused in the Swirl by 40% for 10s.
- Ocean-Hued Clam: Healing Bonus +15%, When the character with this artifact set heals a party member, 1 Foam will appear. It accumulates healed HP for 3 seconds, then explodes and deals 90% of the HP healed as DMG to nearby enemies. Max accumulated healing is 30,000 HP, including over-heal. There can only be 1 Foam active, but it stays even if you swap out. Foam CD is 3.5s.
Genshin Impact Sayu Talents
- Normal Attack: Performs up to 4 consecutive strikes.
- Charged Attack: Drains Stamina over time to perform continuous spinning attacks against all nearby opponents. At the end of the sequence, perform a more powerful slash.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
- The special technique of the Yoohoo Ninja Arts! Sayu curls up into a rolling Fuufuu Windwheel and smashes into opponents at high speed, dealing Anemo DMG. When the duration ends, she unleashes a Fuufuu Whirlwind Kick, dealing AoE Anemo DMG.
- Press: Enters the Fuufuu Windwheel state, rolling forward a short distance before using the Fuufuu Whirlwind Kick.
- Hold: Rolls about continuously in the Fuufuu Windwheel state, increasing Sayu's resistance to interruption while within that state. During this time, Sayu can control the direction of her roll, and can use the skill again to end her Windwheel state early and unleash a stronger version of the Fuufuu Whirlwind Kick. The Hold version of this skill can trigger Elemental Absorption.
- This skill has a maximum duration of 10s and enters CD once its effects end. The longer Sayu remains in her Windwheel state, the longer the CD.
- Elemental Absorption: If Sayu comes into contact with Hydro/Pyro/Cryo/Electro while in her Windwheel state, she will deal additional elemental DMG of that type. Elemental Absorption may only occur once per use of this skill.
- The other super special technique of the Yoohoo Ninja Arts! It summons a pair of helping hands for Sayu.
- Deals Anemo DMG to nearby opponents and heals all nearby party members. The amount of HP restored is based on Sayu's ATK. This skill then summons a Muji-Muji Daruma.
- Muji-Muji Daruma:
- At specific intervals, the Daruma will take one of several actions based on the situation around it:
- If the HP of nearby characters is above 70%, it will attack a nearby opponent, dealing Anemo DMG.
- If there are active characters with 70% or less HP nearby, it will heal the active character with the lowest percentage HP left. If there are no opponents nearby, it will heal active characters nearby even if they have 70% HP or more.
Someone More Capable (1st Ascension Passive)
- When Sayu triggers a Swirl reaction while active, she heals all your characters and nearby allies for 300 HP. She will also heal an additional 1.2 HP for every point of Elemental Mastery she has.
- This effect can be triggered once every 2s.
No Work Today! (4th Ascension Passive)
- The Muji-Muji Daruma created by Yoohoo Art: Mujina Flurry gains the following effects:
- When healing a character, it will also heal characters near that healed character for 20% the amount of HP.
- Increases the AoE of its attack against opponents.
Yoohoo Art: Silencer's Secret (Unlocked Automatically)
- When Sayu is in the party, your characters will not startle Crystalflies and certain other animals when getting near them.
Genshin Impact Sayu Constellations
Multi-Task no Jutsu (Lvl. 1)
- The Muji-Muji Daruma created by Yoohoo Art: Mujina Flurry will ignore HP limits and can simultaneously attack nearby opponents and heal characters.
Egress Prep (Lvl. 2)
- Yoohoo Art: Fuuin Dash gains the following effects:
- DMG of Fuufuu Whirlwind Kick in Tapping (mobile) or Press (PC & PlayStation) Mode increased by 3.3%.
- Every 0.5s in the Fuufuu Windwheel state will increase the DMG of this Fuufuu Whirlwind Kick by 3.3%. The maximum DMG increase possible through this method is 66%.
Eh, the Bunshin Can Handle It (Lvl. 3)
- Increases the Level of Yoohoo Art: Mujina Flurry by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Skiving: New and Improved (Lvl. 4)
- Sayu recovers 1.2 Energy when she triggers a Swirl reaction.
- This effect occurs once every 2s.
Speed Comes First (Lvl. 5)
- Increases the Level of Yoohoo Art: Fuuin Dash by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Sleep O'Clock (Lvl. 6)
- The Muji-Muji Daruma created by Sayu's Yoohoo Art: Mujina Flurry will now also benefit from her Elemental Mastery. Each point of Sayu's Elemental Mastery will produce the following effects:
- Increases the damage dealt by the Muji-Muji Daruma's attacks by 0.2% ATK. A maximum of 400% ATK can be gained via this method.
- Increases the HP restored by the Muji-Muji Daruma by 3. A maximum of 6,000 additional HP can be restored in this manner.
How to Get Sayu in Genshin Impact
Sayu Lore & Character Story
Most Inazumans are unaware of the existence of the Shuumatsuban. In fact, the Shuumatsuban is a secret organization under the Yashiro Commission.
There is also a little ninja who goes by the name of Sayu in the Shuumatsuban, and this fact is even less known.
Sayu is a special existence in the Shuumatsuban. She has been raised in the Shuumatsuban since she was a child, and is extremely loyal to the organization.
That said, her most prominent trait is not "loyalty", but "laziness."
Lazing around is what Sayu does best. She has long mastered the various arts of ninjutsu, particularly those that help her to slack off or shirk her duties, such as escape techniques and aura concealment.
People who don't know about her habits will have to make a lot of effort to find her.
However, if you ask Sayu about her slacking, she will shrug and reply, "It's not that I'm lazy, I just want to spend my time on more meaningful things."
Character Story 1
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 2)
Sayu is petite and can even be described as delicate.
This is also something that bothers her —
One by one, her peers are growing taller, but she still has the stature of a child, as her height has not changed at all.
Sayu is really anxious about this matter.
Day by day, the world seems to be sprouting skyward, and only she remains small as ever.
Growing taller has gradually become an obsession in Sayu's mind.
"As long as I sleep long enough, I can definitely grow taller!"
She came to believe this ever so firmly, seizing every opportunity to sleep as much as possible, creating every opportunity and circumstance, even when there were none.
People around little Sayu often let her be, as they don't have the heart to disturb her sleep.
So now, the situation has progressed such that Sayu is able to fall asleep, even whilst standing.
Character Story 2
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 3)
The ninjutsu that Sayu has learned is not very powerful in combat, but it is quite useful in the matter of slacking off.
She is extremely skilled at hiding and covering her tracks, and is an expert in this area. Therefore, if she has the intention to hide, ordinary people absolutely cannot find her.
However, even the most ingenious puzzles have answers, and even the most elusive treasures have clues for people to find them. This also holds true for Sayu.
After spending enough time with Sayu, one will understand her habits and preferences. Trying to find her doesn't seem so difficult anymore.
For example, if you go to Sayu's room early in the morning and lift the covers, the odds are that you will find her in bed.
At noon, you can check out the trees near the shrine and who knows, you may find something unexpected.
It will be more challenging to find Sayu at night, but it's a good idea to go to her house and wait for her to emerge.
However, please remember not to disturb Sayu, who is busy growing taller, unless it is absolutely necessary.
Even gentle rabbits bite when provoked, let alone Sayu...
Character Story 3
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
That said, finding Sayu doesn't mean that she can be put to work quietly.
Moreover, Sayu's work at the Shuumatsuban is not that of a fixed daily routine, but missions that pop up if and as needed.
And so, this happens:
When new missions are assigned, you won't see hide or tail of her.
By the time she has been found (and with much effort), a more suitable person has been assigned for the mission.
And in case there is no other suitable candidate other than Sayu, all the more she will try to slip away, so as not to be overwhelmed by the mission.
It's just that... If Sayu used her ninjutsu to work hard, she would have had great accomplishments in the Shuumatsuban.
Character Story 4
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 5)
Sayu is the last successor to the Ninjutsu Art — Yoohoo Art.
In this school of ninjutsu, which is known for teasing its enemies, Sayu has learned only ninjutsu such as escape and clone techniques.
These ninjutsu are of little use in actual combat, but have an undeniable aesthetic flair.
Amongst falling leaves, a silhouette vanishes in a flash, a gentle breeze blows, and a kite suddenly appears on the ground... The incredible scene is comparable to an artistic performance.
Thus, whenever there is a festival, Sayu will be invited by various parties to perform her mysterious ninjutsu.
If it's Yoimiya who's searching for her, Sayu can still find ways to hide.
But if the person in question is Lady Guuji Yae, resistance is futile for Sayu.
Clone techniques do nothing to fool the Lady Guuji's sharp eyes, and aura concealment doesn't help Sayu at all in escaping from the Lady Guuji's grasp.
Running for the hills is even less feasible, and might even risk angering the Lady Guuji...
Fortunately, there are very few circumstances that require Lady Guuji Yae to make a personal appearance.
Character Story 5
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
For as long as Sayu can remember, she has been studying ninjutsu with her sensei in the Shuumatsuban.
Although the Shuumatsuban is a clandestine organization, the elders are very kind and have taken good care of young Sayu.
"Being overly reliant on others is never a good thing for a ninja."
After Sayu had reached a bottleneck in learning ninjutsu, her sensei observed her situation and thought thusly.
As the years passed, Sayu grew steadily. Once she was capable enough to defend herself, her sensei chose to leave quietly.
A young animal that leaves the protection of its parents will grow up rapidly. The same is true of the sensei's expectations for Sayu.
The young ninja did not disappoint her sensei. Soon after, Sayu obtained a Vision.
And then, she started working diligently in the Shuumatsuban... diligently shirking her duties.
Sayu is always busy sleeping and hiding from people, so in that sense, she also has a lot to do.
Occasionally, when Sayu is free and alone to enjoy the moonlight, she feels lost deep inside.
The people who have always been with you will one day leave...is this how life is meant to be?
But perhaps someday in the future, I will also meet the person who will always be with me.
Pondering the matter, the little ninja fell asleep again...
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
Sayu's outfit is said to be a gift from her sensei.
The style references the form of a small animal — the "mujina," and Sayu's favorite colors were also specially chosen for it.
It is light and flexible, thus making it suitable for a ninja.
Sayu is especially fond of the huge hood, as it brings about a sense of security.
The long tail is designed for Sayu to maintain balance on the branches.
As for the only drawback... this outfit probably looks too much like a tanuki, and Sayu often gets misunderstood because of it.
Initially, she would seriously explain to the other party that:
"I'm not a tanuki, I'm Sayu."
However, over time, similar incidents have occurred too many times, and Sayu now bears a grudge against tanuki.
Nowadays, if such a situation happens again, Sayu will pout in anger.
So, in order to get along well with Sayu, please memorize the following:
Sayu is not a tanuki, but Sayu.
Her outfit is also not that of a tanuki's, but a mini mujina.
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
This is the story of Sayu when she just started being on her own.
Fragile beings walking alone in this world inevitably find themselves in scary situations. The only way to understand what it's like is to have experienced it.
This is exactly what happened to Sayu. Adept at observation and evasion, she has always understood that she is not suitable for combat.
Her overly petite stature gives her no advantage in terms of strength to speak of, and her ninjutsu will not be of much use in actual combat.
Yet missions do not wait for ninjas to grow fully before descending upon them. In an era of turmoil, Sayu would also find herself in trouble because of not-so-important work. Surrounded by strong foes, she had to do her best and barely managed to escape. It cost her almost everything to bring the information back safely.
Exhausted and wounded, Sayu was about to faint, but only one thing lingered in her mind:
"It's not only strong brute force that can overpower everything, the weak have their own way of surviving. It's because you're weak that you can notice those unseen moments that change your fate... The chances of escaping from here are slim, but that's what my ninjutsu is for."
The moment the leaves fell, she disappeared. All her pursuers were incredulous. The tiny ninja disappeared as if she were dust in the wind.
The next morning, Sayu struggled to get up, and found that the ninja pack strapped to her leg had long since disappeared.
However, a surprising object appeared in the same place instead — a Vision gleaming in the sunrise.
Now, with the power of the Vision, Sayu can wield a claymore taller than herself. She no longer has to fear the omnipresent strife of a chaotic world.
Unfortunately, Sayu's most immediate worries have not yet been resolved.
Regarding her growing taller, it seems that even a Vision is unable to do anything about it.
Sayu Notes & Tips
- Other notes, tips, and trivia go here.
|Genshin Impact Playable Characters|
Albedo ♦ Aloy ♦ Amber ♦ Arataki Itto ♦ Barbara ♦ Beidou ♦ Bennett ♦ Chongyun ♦ Collei ♦ Diluc ♦ Diona ♦ Dori ♦ Eula ♦ Fischl ♦ Ganyu ♦ Gorou ♦ Hu Tao ♦ Jean ♦ Kaedehara Kazuha ♦ Kaeya ♦ Kamisato Ayaka ♦ Kamisato Ayato ♦ Keqing ♦ Klee ♦ Kujou Sara ♦ Kuki Shinobu ♦ Lisa ♦ Mona ♦ Ningguang ♦ Noelle ♦ Qiqi ♦ Raiden Shogun ♦ Razor ♦ Rosaria ♦ Sangonomiya Kokomi ♦ Shenhe ♦ Shikanoin Heizou ♦ Sucrose ♦ Tartaglia ♦ Thoma ♦ Tighnari ♦ Traveler ♦ Venti ♦ Xiangling ♦ Xiao ♦ Xingqiu ♦ Xinyan ♦ Yae Miko ♦ Yanfei ♦ Yelan ♦ Yoimiya ♦ Yun Jin ♦ Zhongli