|Passive Talent||Master of Weaponry|
|Elemental Burst||Havoc: Obliteration|
Tartaglia or better known by his alias Childe, is a Playable Character in Genshin Impact. These playable characters are the various roles that a player can add to their party and take control of in Genshin Impact. Each character in the game is unique from one another, they are different when it comes to the element they harness, the weapon that they use, their appearance, stats, strengths, weaknesses, and many more
Meet Tartaglia — the cunning Snezhnayan whose unpredictable personality keeps people guessing his every move. Don't be under any illusion as to what he might be thinking or what his intentions are. Just remember this: Behind that innocent, childlike exterior lies a finely honed instrument of war.
Genshin Impact Tartaglia Information
- Role: Sniper
- Vision: Hydro
- Constellation: Monoceros Caeli
- Main Weapon: Bows
- Elemental Burst: Havoc: Obliteration
- Elemental Burst Effect: Perform different attacks based on what stance Tartaglia is in when casting.
- Character Passive Talent: Master of Weaponry
- Passive Talent Effect: Increase your party members' Normal Attack Level by 1.
- Specialty Dish: A Prize Catch - Increases all party members' DEF by 282 for 300s.
Genshin Impact Tartaglia Guides and Builds
- Tartaglia Strengths: Long skill duration and can deal melee and ranged DMG.
- Tartaglia Weaknesses: Cooldown is tied to Skill duration usage.
- Tartaglia Combat: An enemy affected by riptide will have the ability to release AoE Hydro DMG if hit with a charged attack. This effect can also be extended once Never Ending is unlocked. His elemental skill also has the ability to deal hydro DMG to surrounding enemies, switching him to Melee stance which now allows his combos to come up to 6 consecutive hydro slashes. Charging this attack will consume stamina and could release a 2-flurry hit. HIs elemental burst will also depend on the stance he is in. Other players have considered him F2P friendly because of his uneccsary constellations. This character is just as effective on his own and obtaining more constellations does not increase the teams DMG too much. His weapon options are also flexible for F2P players.
Tartaglia Best Weapons
- Thundering Pulse: Increases ATK by 20% and grants Thunder Emblem. At stacks 1/2/3, Normal Attack DMG is further increased by 12/24/40%. Each stack has an individual duration and are gotten through: Normal Attacks with Elemental DMG (duration 5s), Casting an Elemental Skill (duration 10s), Having less than 100% Energy (disappears at full Energy)
- Skyward Harp: Bonus Stat: CRIT Rate, Increases CRIT DMG by 20%. Hits have a 60% chance to inflict a small AoE attack, dealing 125% Physical ATK DMG. Can only occur once every 4s.
- The Viridescent Hunt: Bonus Stat: CRIT Rate, Upon hit, Normal and Aimed Shot Attacks have a 50% chance to generate a Cyclone, which will continuously attract surrounding enenmies, dealing 40% of ATK as DMG to these enemies every 0.5s for 4s. This effect can only occur once every 14s.
- Rust: Bonus Stat: ATK, Increases Normal Attack DMG by 40% but decreases Charged Attack DMG by 10%.
- Heart of Depth: Hydro DMG Bonus +15%, After using an Elemental Skill, increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG by 30% for 15s.
- Shimenawa's Reminiscence: ATK +18%, When casting an Elemental Skill, if the character has 15 or more Energy, they lose 15 Energy and Normal/Charged/Plunging Attack DMG is increased by 50% for 10s. This effect will not trigger again during that duration.
Genshin Impact Tartaglia Talents
- Normal Attack: Perform up to 6 consecutive shots with a bow.
- Charged Attack: Perform a more precise Aimed Shot with increased DMG. While aiming, the power of Hydro will accumulate on the arrowheard. An arrow fully charged with the torrent will deal Hydro DMG and apply the Riptide Status.
- Riptide: Opponents affected by Riptide will suffer from AoE Hydro DMG effects when attacked by Tartaglia in various ways. DMG dealt in this way is considered Normal Attack DMG. Riptide Flash: A fully-charged Aimed Shot that hits an opponent affect by Riptide deals consecutive bouts of AoE DMG. Can occur once every 0.7s. Riptide Burst: Defeating an opponent affected by Riptide creates a Hydro burst that inflicts the Riptide status on nearby opponents hit.
- Plunging Attack: Fires off a shower of arrows in mid-air before falling and striking the ground, dealing AoE DMG upon impact. When Tartaglia is in Foul Legacy: Raging Tide's Melee Stance, he cannot perform a plunging attack.
- Charged Attacks are converted to Hydro DMG that cannot be overridden by any other elemental infusion and change as follows
- Normal Attack: Perform up to 6 consecutive Hydro strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to unleash a cross slash, dealing Hydro DMG
- Riptide Slash: Hitting an opponent affected by Riptide with a melee attack unleashes a Riptide Slash that deals AoE Hydro DMG. DMG dealt in this way is considered Elemental Skill DMG, and can only occur once every 1.5s.
- After 30s, or when the ability is unleashed again, this skill will end. Tartaglia will return to his Ranged Stance and this ability will enter CD. The longer Tartaglia stays in his Melee Stance, the longer the CD. If the return to a ranged stance occurs automatically after 30s, the CD is even longer.
- He chose the bow as his weapon precisely to overcome his weakness with it. But a serious fight demands that he gets serious...
- Performs different attacks based on what stance Tartaglia is in when casting.
- Ranged Stance: Flash of Havoc: Swiftly fires a Hydro-imbued magic arrow, dealing AoE Hydro DMG and applying the Riptide status. Returns a portion of its Energy Cost after use.
- Melee Stance: Light of Obliteration: Performs a slash with a large AoE, dealing massive Hydro DMG to all surrounding opponents, which triggers Riptide Blast.
- Riptide Blast: When the obliterating waters hit an opponent affected by Riptide, it clears their Riptide status and triggers a Hydro Explosion that deals AoE Hydro DMG. Dmg dealt in this way is considered Elemental Burst DMG
- Rushing waters are rarely seen in his snowy homeland. Perhaps his ability to command water is due to his understanding of just how precious it is.
- Extends Riptide duration by 8s.
- When Tartaglia is in Foul Legacy: Raging Tide's Melee Stance, on dealing a Crit hit, Normal and Charged attacks apply the riptide status effect to opponents.
- Increases your own party members' Normal Attack Level by 1.
Genshin Impact Tartaglia Constellations
- Decreases the CD of Foul Legacy: Raging Tide by 20%
- When opponents affected by Riptide are defeated. Tartaglia regenerates 4 Elemental Enery.
Abyssal Mayhem: Vortex of Turmoil
- Increases the Level of Foul Legacy: Raging Tide by 3 Maximum upgrade level is 15
- If Tartaglia is in Foul Legacy: Raging Tide's melee stance, triggers Riptide Slash against opponents on the field affected by Riptide every 4s otherwise, triggers Riptide Flash. Riptide Slash and Riptide Flashes triggered by this Constellation effect are not subject to the time intervals that would typically apply to these two Riptide effects, nor do they have any effect on those time intervals.
- Increases the Level of Havoc: Obliteration by 3 Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- When Havoc: Obliteration is cast in Melee Stance, the CD of Foul Legacy: Raging Tide is Reset. This effect will only take place once Tartaglia returns to his Ranged Stance.
How to Get Tartaglia in Genshin Impact
Tartaglia Lore & Character Story
Despite holding one of the most senior positions in the Fatui as one of the Eleven Harbingers, Childe very much looks like the young adult that he still is. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing, however, for under the cheerful and confident appearance lies a deadly swordsman.
He is the youngest among the Harbingers, but one of the most dangerous among their number. That said, Childe doesn't seem to fit in well with the others. As a fighter first and foremost, he is quite at odds with this organization of deceit and treachery.
Character Story 1
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 2)
As the youngest Harbinger in the history of the Fatui, Childe is hardly bound by convention, and plays by his own rules accordingly.
Though this lone wolf is not so well received by his peers and is also at odds with their methods, his cavalier demeanor hides a responsible, watertight meticulousness.
He is a proud man of his word. Even if the promise he makes is absurd, he will never break it. Be it exterminating all the dragons inside their lairs, venturing into a domain of extreme danger, or single-handedly overthrowing the territory of a nobleman...
He not only keeps his promises, but also does so with finesse and surgical precision.. As the Harbingers' vanguard, Childe always appears in the vulnerable underbellies of Snezhnaya's enemy states, striking as a conflict is about to erupt.
Character Story 2
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 3)
Many myths in Snezhnaya say that Tartaglia has been on the battlefield since he was 14 years old.
Oddly enough, at that young age he already seemed to be a skilled slaughterer with mastery of many forms of martial arts.
But more terrifying than his skill in combat was his passion for it. Perilous battles would only excite him, and terrifying foes would exhilarate him all the more.
Childe's arrogance and conceit are derived from honing himself across countless battles, and from unmatched combat experience.
On the other hand, because they fret about the way his quarrelsome personality tends to invite unwanted trouble, the other Harbingers constantly try to get him sent on missions to places as far from Snezhnaya as possible, so that they can avoid the fallout.
The man is incomprehensibly ever in the eye of the storm, and these unusual experiences have also made him quite the show-off who revels in the praise of others.
Unlike other members of the Harbingers, who prefer to keep a low profile, Tartaglia will often go to watch public performances — occasionally even becoming part of the show himself.
Character Story 3
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
Ice fishing has been one of Tartaglia's hobbies since childhood.
In those days, he was known neither by the names Tartaglia nor "Childe," as the Fatui call him, but as Ajax, named by his father after some hero's tale. He and his father would cut holes open upon frozen lakes, before sitting beside them and tend to their fishing lines.
This was no easy task, and would sometimes take the entire morning.
But whether it was chiseling away at the thick ice or the long waits in between catches, he was always accompanied by his father's unending tales of adventure.
These were stories of his father's adventures from when he was young, and they became the future that Tartaglia secretly envisioned for himself.
So he would pay close attention, putting himself into the shoes of the protagonist of those tales, immersing himself fully in them even as they waited for a fish to bite.
Even after leaving home, Ajax, later to be known as "Childe" Tartaglia, would keep up that hobby of his.
No longer accompanied by the stories of bygone days, fishing instead became an opportunity to train — to hone his endurance, and reflect on combat techniques.
Such long periods of meditation to refine his skills swiftly relegated the question of a successful catch to irrelevance.
Character Story 4
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 5)
Unlike what the rest of the world may think, Tartaglia was not born with his exceptional skills in battle.
But he would never speak to everyone about that critical fateful encounter of his...
When he was 14, he fled his monotonous life at home with nothing but a shortsword and a bag of bread in hand.
That 14-year-old boy got lost in the snowy forest.
Pursued by bears and wolf packs, he lost his footing and fell into a bottomless crack in the earth's surface.
There, he witnessed the endless possibilities of another ancient world. There, he would meet a mysterious swordswoman...
Or perhaps one should say that this dark realm had sensed the burning ambition in this boy's heart.
This darkness was something that the Harbinger Childe could never again delve into.
In those three months, the swordswoman taught Tartaglia how to pass through the Abyss unhindered, and more importantly, nurtured the ability to stir up endless havoc from within Ajax's trouble-mongering nature.
No one knew what happened within that darkness during those three months, nor would Ajax ever speak of this to anyone. When his worried mother and sisters finally found him in that forest, only 3 days had passed in this world.
Thus did Ajax's first adventure end, with his now-rusty shortsword in hand.
This would mark the end of his youth and the beginning of his days as a warrior.
Character Story 5
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
By the time he returned home, the young man was no longer the same.
He was no longer frightened and hesitant but had become frivolous and confident. He acted as if this world revolved around him, and as if battle existed for his sake.
Conflict often brings about change, and this capricious, incalculable change attracted Ajax like a revolving kaleidoscope.
In the eyes of his father, that third son that he had so worried about had changed for the worse, bringing much havoc uncalled-for to the seaside village of Morepesok.
Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that Ajax had become a nexus of strife, for no matter where he went, fights and squabbles would follow — and he reveled in it.
Ultimately, after a huge brawl was pacified with some difficulty and with some near-fatal misses, his father had no choice but to hand his beloved son over for conscription into the Fatui.
He hoped that the strict military training of the Fatui could hone his son's temper, but wound up watching fully-armed troops getting the stuffing beaten out of them by a mere child.
This was a great disappointment to his father, but it also caught the attention of Pulcinella, the 5th Harbinger.
Shocked by Ajax's great strength, and curious about how he had invariably became the eye of a vortex of discord, Pulcinella inducted Ajax into the Fatui under the pretext of meting out punishment, ordering him to start from the bottom and take up the duty of serving the Tsaritsa.
His insatiable desire for conquest would thus be constantly satiated in fighting for the Fatui, and his ever-burgeoning ego would gorge upon the elation of vanquishing mighty foes...
Until at last, Ajax was chosen to be one of the Fatui Harbingers, donning the mantle of "Childe" Tartaglia and becoming one of the most powerful people in Snezhnaya.
But becoming Tartaglia was far from his end goal. To someone who sought to conquer the world, this was but a tiny step in his journey.
Tartaglia's Letters to Home
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
"Dearest Sister, are you all keeping well at home? Has the old man's headache gotten any better?
Please send my regards to our parents and our siblings.[Note 1]
I've sent some wind chill medication over from Liyue Harbor. It's very effective, and will probably keep him from nagging for a while. It should reach you after a few days.
Apart from our father's affairs, I naturally haven't forgotten about gifts for you all.
This letter should come with two kites from Liyue, a rattle drum, two porcelain dolls from Inazuma, and a crate full of various snacks.
And please break it to Anthon that the residents of Liyue are just boring old ordinary humans like us.
They're not made of stone, and they don't even eat stones.
Do not fret for my sake, Tonia, and refrain from making trouble for anyone at home. I will be home soon. When I have seized the seven stars of Liyue and laid them at the feet of Her Majesty the Tsaritsa, I will take the first ship home, just as I promised — and you know how I always keep my promises.
Yours faithfully, Your loyal knight."
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
Tartaglia's Delusion is his old badge of honor and the proof of his strength.
He still remembers with perfect clarity the day when he received his Delusion and ascended to become a member of the Harbingers.
As he stood before the cold, stern Tsaritsa, The Jester, the very first of the Fatui, personally pinned this insignia onto him.
It was his reward for slaying many terrible beasts, and a memento of countless battles. But it was not this that brought Tartaglia joy, for honor is the natural reward of the warrior. Nor did he pay any mind to the odd looks his new "colleagues" gave him, for the opinions and bellyaches of others meant nothing to him.
The sight of the Tsaritsa on her lofty throne alone stirred the young man's heart with respect and admiration, not merely because she opened the way for him to find an abundance of looming battles, but also because of the way she looked upon him. Her gaze was cold but pure, arrogant yet sharp.
She was not only the sacrosanct Cryo Archon but a true warrior also.
Thus did Childe, having received his Delusion, swear an oath of fealty to the one and only Tsaritsa of Snezhnaya.
Childe Notes & Tips
- Other notes, tips, and trivia go here.
|Genshin Impact Playable Characters|
Albedo ♦ Aloy ♦ Amber ♦ Arataki Itto ♦ Barbara ♦ Beidou ♦ Bennett ♦ Candace ♦ Chongyun ♦ Collei ♦ Cyno ♦ Diluc ♦ Diona ♦ Dori ♦ Eula ♦ Faruzan ♦ Fischl ♦ Ganyu ♦ Gorou ♦ Hu Tao ♦ Jean ♦ Kaedehara Kazuha ♦ Kaeya ♦ Kamisato Ayaka ♦ Kamisato Ayato ♦ Keqing ♦ Klee ♦ Kujou Sara ♦ Kuki Shinobu ♦ Layla ♦ Lisa ♦ Mona ♦ Nahida ♦ Nilou ♦ Ningguang ♦ Noelle ♦ Qiqi ♦ Raiden Shogun ♦ Razor ♦ Rosaria ♦ Sangonomiya Kokomi ♦ Sayu ♦ Shenhe ♦ Shikanoin Heizou ♦ Sucrose ♦ Thoma ♦ Tighnari ♦ Traveler ♦ Venti ♦ Wanderer ♦ Xiangling ♦ Xiao ♦ Xingqiu ♦ Xinyan ♦ Yae Miko ♦ Yanfei ♦ Yelan ♦ Yoimiya ♦ Yun Jin ♦ Zhongli