Mona is a Playable Character in Genshin Impact. These playable characters are the various roles that a player can add to their party and take control of in Genshin Impact. Each character in the game is unique from one another, they are different when it comes to the element they harness, the weapon that they use, their appearance, stats, strengths, weaknesses, and many more
A mysterious young astrologer who proclaims herself to be "Astrologist Mona Megistus," and who possesses abilities to match the title. Erudite, but prideful.
Though she is often strapped for cash and lives a life of thrift, she is resolved to never use astrology for profit... It is this very resolution that has caused her to constantly fret about money.
Genshin Impact Mona Information
- Role: Mage
- Vision: Hydro
- Constellation: Astrolabos
- Main Weapon: Catalysts
- Elemental Burst: Stellaris Phantasm
- Elemental Burst Effect: Mona summons the sparkling waves and creates a reflection of the starry sky, applying the Illusory Bubble status to opponents in a large AoE.
- Character Passive Talent: Principium of Astrology
- Passive Talent Effect: When Mona crafts Weapon Ascension Materials, she has a 25% chance to refund a portion of the crafting materials used.
- Specialty Dish: Der Weisheit Letzter Schluss (Life) - Increases all party members' CRIT Rate by 16% for 300s.
Genshin Impact Mona Alternate Outfit
Outfits for Genshin Impact are an equipment category of the game that are usually featured in special events or purchased via the Character Outfit Shop. These change the appearance of a Playable Character that can be previewed and worn in the Dressing Room. Outfits are purely cosmetic, and add no real stats or strength to any character that has them equipped, meaning they are not helpful in progressing the game.\
- Pact of Stars and Moon: Mona's outfit. A costume made specifically to encompass the astrological concept of "the destined moment," thanks to the 30% discount ticket she got from the planetarium refund.
Genshin Impact Mona Guides and Builds
- Mona Strength: Great DMG Bonus from Elemental Burst
- Mona Weaknesses: Low Base HP and DEF.
- Mona Combat: She relies on a Bubble. It starts with a bubble, which will deal damage and the Omen will apply to the open which will provide the buffs, increasing DMG
Best Mona Items
- Wine and Song: it would be best used with Mona. This Catalyst gives additional attack, movement speed, and Energy Recharge. With the passives Mona has, Energy Recharge also increases Attack, so it’s overall an excellent weapon.
- Mappa Mare: the cheapest and most accessible choice, and can do current endgame content just fine. Don’t underestimate it. - Triggering an Elemental reaction grants a 10% Elemental DMG Bonus for 10s. Max 2 stacks.
- Skyward Atlas: Increases Elemental DMG Bonus by 12/15/18/21/24%. Normal Attack hits have a 50% chance to earn the favor of the clouds. which actively seek out nearby enemies to attack for 15s, dealing 160/200/240/280/320% ATK DMG. Can only occur once every 30s.
Genshin Impact Mona the Divination Witch Build
This build revolves around doing high damage through Pyro and Hydro elemental reactions, such as Vaporize. Vaporize scales with both Hydro and Pyro damage that causes it, allowing us to build both characters for damage. Especially with Mona‘s Talents being Hydro, Vaporize becomes 50% stronger when procced by Hydro. Then Elemental Mastery comes into play, adding another damage multiplier on top of that.
It combos well with Xiangling‘s Elemental Skill, and Bennett‘s Elemental Burst. If you build your party with both Pyro characters, you get a huge Attack bonus from Elemental Resonance. With these characters, Mona and a Fourth character with a different element, you’ll have a very strong offensive team.
Mona is a five star character, that might be elusive to chase. But if you are lucky and get her, you are in for a treat. She excels at both Co-Op and solo, and she can farm one of the best Domains for Artifacts is the Hidden Palace of Zhou Formula. Which yields the perfect set for our Pyro heroes.
There are many ways to build Mona as main or support damage dealer, and she scales well with most stats. But we prioritize Hydro damage, Attack, Energy recharge, and Elemental Mastery, in that order.
Hydro damage is really scarce, with no Artifact set bonus dedicated to it. So we only get from Goblet main stat. However, Mona have a passive, Waterborne Destiny, that gives a bonus Hydro damage based on Energy Recharge. Its bonus’s only 20% from Energy Recharge value, but it still make her Elemental Burst comes up faster. It’s strong bonus on its own, and there are plenty of ways to get this stat, so keep it in mind.
Click here for the full Mona the Divination Witch Build Guide.
Genshin Impact Mona Talents
Illusory Torrent (Right Click)
- Alternate Spirit: Mona cloaks herself within the water's flow, consuming Stamina to move rapidly. When under the effect of Illusory Torrent, Mona can move at high speed on water. Applies the Wet status to nearby enemies when she reappears.
- Normal Attack: Performs up to 4 water splash attacks that deal Hydro DMG.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina and deals AoE Hydro DMG after a short casting time.
- Plunging Attack: Gathering the might of Hydro, Mona plunges towards the ground from mid-air, damaging all enemies in her path. Deals AoE Hydro DMG upon impact with the ground.
- Creates an illusory Phantom of fate from coalesced waterspouts. The Phantom has the following special properties:
- Continuously taunts nearby enemies, attracting their fire.
- Continuously deals Hydro DMG to nearby enemies.
- When its duration expires, the Phantom explodes, dealing AoE Hydro DMG.
- On Hold: Utilizes water currents to move backwards swiftly before conjuring a Phantom. Only one Phantom created by Mirror Reflection of Doom can exist at any time.
- Mona summons the sparkling waves and creates a reflection of the starry sky, applying the Illusory Bubble status to opponents in a large AoE.
- Illusory Bubble: Traps opponents inside a pocket of destiny and also makes them Wet. Renders weaker opponents immobile. When an opponent affected by Illusory Bubble sustains DMG, the following effects are produced:
- Traps opponents inside a pocket of destiny and also makes them Wet. Renders weaker opponents immobile. When an opponent affected by Illusory Bubble sustains DMG, the following effects are produced:
- Removes the Illusory Bubble, dealing Hydro Elemental DMG in the process. The DMG Bonus does not apply to the Hydro Elemental DMG dealt in this instance.
- Omen: During its duration, increases DMG taken by enemies.
Come 'n' Get Me, Hag! (Ascension Lv. 1)
- Modifies Illusory Torrent.
- After she has used Illusory Torrent for 2s, if there are any enemies nearby, Mona will automatically create a Phantom. A Phantom created in this manner lasts for 2s, and its explosion DMG is equal to 50% of Mirror Reflection of Doom.
Waterborne Destiny (Ascension Lv. 4)
- Increases Mona's Hydro DMG Bonus by a degree equivalent to 20% of her Energy Recharge rate.
Principium of Astrology (Unlocked automatically)
- When Mona crafts Weapon Ascension Materials, she has a 25% chance to refund a portion of the crafting materials used.
Genshin Impact Mona Constellations
Prophecy of Submersion (Lv. 1)
- The effects of Hydro-related Elemental Reactions are enhanced for 8s after a character hits an enemy affected by an Omen:
- Electro-Charged DMG is increased by 15%.
- Vaporize DMG is increased by 15%.
- Hydro Swirl DMG is increased by 15%.
- The duration for which enemies are Frozen is increased by 15%.
Lunar Chain (Lv. 2)
- When a Normal Attack hits, there is a 20% chance that it will be automatically followed by a Charged Attack. This effect can only occur once every 5s.
Restless Revolution (Lv. 3)
- Modifies Stellaris Phantasm.
- Increases the Level of Stellaris Phantasm by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
Prophecy of Oblivion (Lv. 4)
- When a character attacks an enemy affected by the Omen status effect, their CRIT Rate is increased by 15%.
Mockery of Fortuna (Lv. 5)
- Modifies Mirror Reflection of Doom.
- Increase the Level of Mirror Reflection of Doom by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Rhetorics of Calamitas (Lv. 6)
- Modifies Illusory Torrent.
- Upon entering Illusory Torrent, Mona gain a 60% increase to the DMG her next Charged Attack per second of movement.
- A maximum DMG Bonus of 180% can be achieved in this manner. The effect lasts for no more than 8s.
How to Get Mona in Genshin Impact
Mona Lore & Character Story
Teyvat is a place where people of all sorts go about their business. Merchants move product, knights patrol, and farmers till the land.
But if one were to ask Mona — the enigmatic and prideful astrologist — what she busies herself with, she will reply by saying that she is servicing a debt known as "life."
She will, however, vigorously deny being "poor," giving the following explanation:
"Beautiful veneers may obscure simple truths. Exquisite food may mask its nutritional value. One lives simply, all the better to expose this world's truths."
A frugal lifestyle, therefore, is a form of training to access the truth... Or so Mona will insist.
Teyvat is a place where people of all sorts go about their business, and even an enigmatic astrologist must look to hers. —That said, it seems like bards might be the exception to this rule.
Character Story 1
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 2)
Recently, Mona's teacher, an old but highly skilled female astrologist, has entrusted a very important task to her.
Her teacher has an erstwhile rival-friend in Mondstadt, and she wanted Mona to retrieve a highly confidential box from that person's successor.
"If you dare look inside that box... Well, you'll see."
That was the warning Mona received before departing.
To Mona's surprise, this successor was none other than the Spark Knight, Klee.
The box was still extant, but due to Klee's actions and a series of accidents... Mona unwittingly unraveled the enigma behind the box.
"I-I'm done for. The thing inside this was the dark history of her youth... she will kill me if I go back like this..."
Mona was thus forced to stay in Mondstadt, beginning a bitterly frugal but bountifully fulfilling existence.
Character Story 2
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 3)
Mona's astrology utilizes hydromancy, and she once explained the underlying principles thusly:
"It is people's fate that shines in the night sky, and though its reflection in water is but an illusion, it reveals the truth nonetheless."
No one else can quite comprehend this principle, but Mona's ability convinces people to believe in it anyway.
Albeit, sometimes grudgingly...
Her astrological readings are exceptionally precise, and she will neither lie nor hold anything back when revealing the results of her readings.
"Your son says that he's made it. That's a lie."
"You've got no chance with him. In fact he will soon leave you."
The cold, hard truth is laid bare before people's eyes, complete with all the grisly details that they would rather remained buried.
Mona will make no exceptions to this, and as such she can seem completely lacking in human emotion.
But sometimes, on a clear night, she can be seen on a high mountain slope.
There, Mona gazes up at the stars in the sky — so close, she feels, that she could almost reach out and touch them — with gentle eyes, humming an unknown tune to herself.
Character Story 3
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
Having never studied the art of finance, the astrologist Mona is always hovering around the poverty line.
In order to save on food expenses, she once ate mushrooms for an entire month straight. If not for some relief funds coming from time to time, she would have had trouble eking out a living.
Mona does in fact have some money set aside. Even though she must eventually run dry without an income, she can slow the bleeding from scrimping in the food department.
So where does the rest of the Mora go? Well, if you've ever had a look inside her lab, then know that the big pile of astrology-related apparatus and tools in there didn't come out of thin air.
In fact, all of them come with a hefty price tag—books from Liyue, an astrolabe from Sumeru... The shipping fees alone are impressive.
That Mona should be in abject poverty comes, therefore, as no surprise.
In order to support herself, Mona eventually took up a commercial contract—her contributions to a column about constellation in The Steambird have become her most stable income source.
Now having a monthly income, Mona could have left her life of poverty. But how could an astrologist's pursuit of knowledge end here?
Whenever she gets paid, Mona will immediately shell out on more astrology-related resources, returning to a state of destitution once more.
This process plays out every month.
Today, too, is another day Mona worries over Mora.
Character Story 4
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 5)
Mona will sometimes meet up with Klee and Albedo, her primary reason being to eat a free meal. Secondary to that is to exchange pointers with Albedo.
Since they are both people who seek to unveil the principles of the world, and both are students of famed masters, so aligning themselves with one another and working together is perfectly normal.
Mona strenuously defends her teacher's image in front of Albedo.
However, she also often complains about "that old hag."
"You speak of your illustrious lineage, yet you also refer to your master as a "hag" and a "stubborn dimwit." Which of these descriptions is accurate?"
Albedo could not help but ask this question — and when he did, Mona promptly realized that she had never given it much thought herself.
Stroking her chin, she considered this deeply for a moment.
"Hmph. The techniques passed down to me are exceptional, of course, but my teacher is not my equal.
Does she know the market rates for eggs, butter or wheat? In this regard, I have already far surpassed her."
Character Story 5
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
During her apprenticeship, Mona found that the subtle abstractions of her master's teachings could explain the laws that governed the existence of all things. Human hearts were guided by these laws, and if one had great enough powers of calculation, all the mysteries of the world could be understood.
Mona once believed this to be true. But when she had to strike out on her own and live day-to-day, she found herself doubting. Not everyone lived wealthy and comfortable lives. Some neither had food nor warm clothes, living no differently from beggars.
And it was just such an adventurer who, when meeting Mona while she was out looking for fruits and vegetables to fill her stomach, shared half their food with her. "Out here, we've gotta have each other's backs."
This was not something inscribed on these so-called principles of the world. And many other such things she encountered on her journey—the honesty of a thief, a robber's change of heart, a coward's courage, the good deeds of a wicked person...
Mona began to have some doubts, but she also felt like she finally had her feet on solid ground. When she was again alone with her thoughts under the stars, she marveled that her research had been so full of holes. Perhaps she would have to continue researching the world's principles for the rest of her life.
All Things Astrological
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 4)
The Court of Fontaine's mainline newspaper, The Steambird, has many a featured section that contains all sorts of news and gossip drawn from every corner of the seven nations. The section Mona contributes to is known as "All Things Astrological," and it is a column specifically targeted at hobbyists and professionals.
That she had this opportunity at all was pure chance. When the previous contributing author was traveling the world, he heard tell of a strange astrologist, and his hobbyist's curiosity compelled him to seek her out.
Their correspondence left him deeply impressed. As it happened, he was also looking to retire, and seeing that Mona was strapped for Mora, reached out to help her by recommending her to the editor-in-chief of The Steambird.
When Mona released her first column, "An Introduction to Astrology", the column, heretofore known for being easy reading, experienced a massive shift in tone. Most of each issue was dedicated to discussing the movement of celestial bodies and other difficult (and obscure) topics. Academic quotations, dense footnotes and even the occasional hand-drawn star maps abounded in these writings.
The editor-in-chief could not help but feel worried that this approach was too academic. Would it find acceptance with long-time readers? As it turned out, there was no need to fret. The publishing house received a great many letters that read something like this:
"Wow, this is amazing. I don't really get it, but this is super interesting. Consider me a fan of Astrologist Mona Megistus."
After getting approval to continue submitting manuscripts, Mona could finally heave a sigh of relief. Now, how best to celebrate... Ah yes. Perhaps she should use her first paycheck to purchase that latest-edition planetarium she'd had her eye on for a while now...
(Unlocks at Friendship Lvl. 6)
To Mona, that her Vision was sent to her from the gods doesn't mean a great deal.
This is not to say that possessing an external focus for elemental power is not useful.
Having power is always a good thing, but when compared to lofty "truth," "martial prowess" is such a pathetically small concept.
The gods, too, are bound by the rules of this world. Mona seeks the final truth of the world, hidden amidst the sea of stars. As such, she does not have any reverence for her Vision, which the people of this world consider to be a sign of divine favor and the source of all power.
Nonetheless, this item that serves no practical use in her hands is something that she treasures greatly. It was gifted to her by her teacher as a teaching aid, and it is the only evidence of their time together as master and pupil.
She preserves these distant memories with great care. This exquisitely-made teaching aid thus accompanied her everywhere, like an accessory worn by any other maiden. Until one day, when a Vision of her very own would quietly indwell this old teaching aid...
Mona Notes & Tips
- Other notes, tips, and trivia go here.
- Mona Level 40 accension Materials requires 2x Varunada Lazurite Fragments, 2x Cleansing Heart, 10x Philanemo Mushroom, 15x Whoperflower Nectar.
|Genshin Impact Playable Characters|
Albedo ♦ Aloy ♦ Amber ♦ Arataki Itto ♦ Barbara ♦ Beidou ♦ Bennett ♦ Chongyun ♦ Collei ♦ Diluc ♦ Diona ♦ Dori ♦ Eula ♦ Fischl ♦ Ganyu ♦ Gorou ♦ Hu Tao ♦ Jean ♦ Kaedehara Kazuha ♦ Kaeya ♦ Kamisato Ayaka ♦ Kamisato Ayato ♦ Keqing ♦ Klee ♦ Kujou Sara ♦ Kuki Shinobu ♦ Lisa ♦ Ningguang ♦ Noelle ♦ Qiqi ♦ Raiden Shogun ♦ Razor ♦ Rosaria ♦ Sangonomiya Kokomi ♦ Sayu ♦ Shenhe ♦ Shikanoin Heizou ♦ Sucrose ♦ Tartaglia ♦ Thoma ♦ Tighnari ♦ Traveler ♦ Venti ♦ Xiangling ♦ Xiao ♦ Xingqiu ♦ Xinyan ♦ Yae Miko ♦ Yanfei ♦ Yelan ♦ Yoimiya ♦ Yun Jin ♦ Zhongli